Livecode 9.5, BrowserWidget, Community Edition

Livecode 9.5, BrowserWidget, Community Edition

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
Hello,

I want to show a .pdf with url httpAdress, so I got a fresh widget named „Browser“ and did a button with the script

on mouseup

put "https://programmausdruck.br.de/radio/br-klassik/programmkalender/br-klassik120.jsp?day=2020-01-09" into httpAdress

set the url of widget "Browser" to httpAdress

end mouseup

After mouseup download starts, stops, but nothing is to see in the browser window. Why?

May you help?

Thank you,
Richard.

Re: Livecode 9.5, BrowserWidget, Community Edition

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
Hi Richard,

> Am 08.01.2020 um 21:54 schrieb Hillen Richard via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello,
>
> I want to show a .pdf with url httpAdress, so I got a fresh widget named „Browser“ and did a button with the script
> on mouseup
> put "https://programmausdruck.br.de/radio/br-klassik/programmkalender/br-klassik120.jsp?day=2020-01-09" into httpAdress
> set the url of widget "Browser" to httpAdress
> end mouseup
> After mouseup download starts, stops, but nothing is to see in the browser window. Why?
> May you help?

just tested the script with LC 9.5.1 (Indy) on my Mac and works as exspected:
BR-Klassik - das Programm

> Thank you,
> Richard.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
https://www.major-k.de

Re: Livecode 9.5, BrowserWidget, Community Edition

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
Richard,

I can confirm it here. Tried with LC 9.5.1 and 9.6.0 DP1 Business on Mac and i also do not see anything.

But here it get´s even worse.

As it seems the PDF is created on the fly in your link i tried to use "existing" PDFs.

If i use an URL which links to a local file on my hard disk or to an existing PDF on a webserver then LC even crashes here completely.

Tried with LC 8.1.7. With 8.1.7 your URL and also my local and remote URL work.
So here at least i have a problem with LC 9.5x and 9.6.x

Tried again after deleting my preference file but this does not solve it for 9.5/9.6.

Hm....?

Matthias

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders: