Livecode HTML5 networking question

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I was thinking about putting together a little weather app and trying the
html5 feature of livecode.  I read that networking is not supported.   Does
that mean that the following is not supported?

put URL  ("https://api.darksky.net/forecast/" & mykey & "/" & LatLon) into
wData

If not my project is going on hold.

Thanks in advance.

    -= Mike

Re: Livecode HTML5 networking question

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
That is not HTML5. That is a standard Livecode function that has been around since version 1.0.

Bob S

> On Mar 14, 2017, at 05:59 , Mike Doub via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I was thinking about putting together a little weather app and trying the
> html5 feature of livecode.  I read that networking is not supported.   Does
> that mean that the following is not supported?
>
> put URL  ("https://api.darksky.net/forecast/" & mykey & "/" & LatLon) into
> wData
>
> If not my project is going on hold.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>    -= Mike

Re: Livecode HTML5 networking question

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Bob,  I understand that.  You misunderstood my question.  If I use that statement in app,  save it as am html5 app,  will the app function?

The documentation says networking is not supported.  What exactly does that mean?  Is the statement in question, networking?

-= Mike

Mike Doub wrote:

 > Bob,  I understand that.  You misunderstood my question.  If I use
 > that statement in app,  save it as am html5 app,  will the app
 > function?
 >
 > The documentation says networking is not supported.  What exactly
 > does that mean?  Is the statement in question, networking?

I had thought GET and POST were added to the HTML exports recently, no?

Re: Livecode HTML5 networking question

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I just did a test using the local python server and it did not work,  so it looks like the support is not there yet.

Mike

> Bob,  I understand that.  You misunderstood my question.  If I use
> that statement in app,  save it as am html5 app,  will the app
> function?
>
> The documentation says networking is not supported.  What exactly
> does that mean?  Is the statement in question, networking?

I had thought GET and POST were added to the HTML exports recently, no?

Re: Livecode HTML5 networking question

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Can you get into the resulting JavaScript and add an XMLHttpRequest(); command?

Sent from my iPhone