Livecode IDE question

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
I’m a hobbyist, and infrequent dabbler, and I hope my question isn’t inappropriate to post here. I find the forum too cumbersome and daunting. With recent upgrades, the toolbar at the top of the screen in the IDE is fixed about an inch below the top. Is there anyway to move it up? I use a MacBook Air and the screen is small enough.

Thanks.
Dave

LC9.6.2 RC2
OS 11.2.1

Re: Livecode IDE question

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
I don’t know if this helps, but I turn off the icons and just have the text buttons, giving back space.

Or you can just hide both . . . macOS can assign keystrokes to application menu items in settings

Re: Livecode IDE question

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
I’m having a similar problem on my new MBP, and haven’t figured out  the cause yet. Just type this in the message box for an temporary fix:

        set the top of stack revMenubar to 25 - - - or so

Roger

> On Feb 12, 2021, at 10:58 AM, David Squance via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’m a hobbyist, and infrequent dabbler, and I hope my question isn’t inappropriate to post here. I find the forum too cumbersome and daunting. With recent upgrades, the toolbar at the top of the screen in the IDE is fixed about an inch below the top. Is there anyway to move it up? I use a MacBook Air and the screen is small enough.
>
> Thanks.
> Dave
>
> LC9.6.2 RC2
> OS 11.2.1

Re: Livecode IDE question

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Belay my last post on this thread. I am always plagued with this problem where emails on a simple thread come into my inbox as multiple threads, so I don’t always see the original post right away.

Bob S

> On Feb 12, 2021, at 1:21 PM, Roger Guay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’m having a similar problem on my new MBP, and haven’t figured out  the cause yet. Just type this in the message box for an temporary fix:
>
> set the top of stack revMenubar to 25 - - - or so
>

> Roger
>

>> On Feb 12, 2021, at 10:58 AM, David Squance via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I’m a hobbyist, and infrequent dabbler, and I hope my question isn’t inappropriate to post here. I find the forum too cumbersome and daunting. With recent upgrades, the toolbar at the top of the screen in the IDE is fixed about an inch below the top. Is there anyway to move it up? I use a MacBook Air and the screen is small enough.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Dave
>>
>> LC9.6.2 RC2
>> OS 11.2.1

Re: Livecode IDE question

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hi David

Welcome, I think your question is totally appropriate here.

I occasionally have the same problem and I use Roger’s solution below.  You may already know this but a quick way to open the message box where you need to type the script to reposition the message box is to use the keyboard shortcut
Mac: command M
Win: alt M

For the last while  the tool bar has been staying nicely in place at the top of the screen.  Not sure what I did that made it stick again.
One thing to try so It stays permanently in place is in the ‘View’ menu of the IDE unchecking the ‘Tool bar text', and ‘Tool bar icons’ and then rechecking them again.

Martin

> On Feb 12, 2021, at 4:21 PM, Roger Guay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’m having a similar problem on my new MBP, and haven’t figured out  the cause yet. Just type this in the message box for an temporary fix:
>
> set the top of stack revMenubar to 25 - - - or so
>

> Roger

Re: Livecode IDE question

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Thanks for the suggestion, Martin. I will see if that sticks. I knew about Cmd-M once, but I use LC so little, and while I’ve had RR and LC since RR 1.?, I’ve almost only ever done small apps for my own use.

Dave