Livecode docset for Dash

I have just uploaded a stack "Make DocSet" to revonline that creates a "LiveCode.docset" for use in the documentation/snippet manager Dash
https://kapeli.com/dash <https://kapeli.com/dash>

From the revOnline entry:

"Dash" is a documentation and snippet manager for MacOs and iOS.

The MacOS version of Dash is a paid for app.

The iOS version of Dash is FREE!

This stack was made using LC 8.

"Make DocSet" will extract all the guides, images and all the dictionary entries in the IDE and format them intto "html".

It will then construct a docset package on your desktop with all the html files, images and SQlite index required by Dash.

To install into Dash (assuming you have a copy) just double click.

to install on yout iOS device, trnasfer the file via iTunes to the Dash app.

As the docs are updated in each release of LiveCode you can use the stack regenerate the docset, should you wish, to ensure your copy is up to date.

You can try out Dash and see if it is helpful.
It can access/download over 150 documentation sets.

James

Re: Livecode docset for Dash

Thanks James that sounds useful, if by snippet you mean common code snippets. I'll give that a look see.

Bob S

> On Sep 11, 2017, at 09:57 , James Hale via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have just uploaded a stack "Make DocSet" to revonline that creates a "LiveCode.docset" for use in the documentation/snippet manager Dash
> https://kapeli.com/dash <https://kapeli.com/dash>
>
> From the revOnline entry:
>
> "Dash" is a documentation and snippet manager for MacOs and iOS.
>
> The MacOS version of Dash is a paid for app.
>
> The iOS version of Dash is FREE!
>
> This stack was made using LC 8.
>
> "Make DocSet" will extract all the guides, images and all the dictionary entries in the IDE and format them intto "html".
>
> It will then construct a docset package on your desktop with all the html files, images and SQlite index required by Dash.
>
> To install into Dash (assuming you have a copy) just double click.
>
> to install on yout iOS device, trnasfer the file via iTunes to the Dash app.
>
> As the docs are updated in each release of LiveCode you can use the stack regenerate the docset, should you wish, to ensure your copy is up to date.
>

> You can try out Dash and see if it is helpful.
> It can access/download over 150 documentation sets.
>

> James

Re: Livecode docset for Dash

James,

thank you so much for this. I was looking for such a docset for so long know.

Regards,
Matthias

Matthias Rebbe
+49 5741 310000
‌wirmachen.software <http://wirmachen.software/>‌

> Am 11.09.2017 um 18:57 schrieb James Hale via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> I have just uploaded a stack "Make DocSet" to revonline that creates a "LiveCode.docset" for use in the documentation/snippet manager Dash
> https://kapeli.com/dash <https://kapeli.com/dash> <https://kapeli.com/dash <https://kapeli.com/dash>>
>
> From the revOnline entry:
>
> "Dash" is a documentation and snippet manager for MacOs and iOS.
>
> The MacOS version of Dash is a paid for app.
>
> The iOS version of Dash is FREE!
>
> This stack was made using LC 8.
>
> "Make DocSet" will extract all the guides, images and all the dictionary entries in the IDE and format them intto "html".
>
> It will then construct a docset package on your desktop with all the html files, images and SQlite index required by Dash.
>
> To install into Dash (assuming you have a copy) just double click.
>
> to install on yout iOS device, trnasfer the file via iTunes to the Dash app.
>
> As the docs are updated in each release of LiveCode you can use the stack regenerate the docset, should you wish, to ensure your copy is up to date.
>

> You can try out Dash and see if it is helpful.
> It can access/download over 150 documentation sets.
>

> James

Re: Livecode docset for Dash

Hi Bob,

Actually I might mean macro.
I had entered a snippet called "sw" which was a three case switch template.

While coding the stack I went to type "Answer" but couldn't get past "Answ" before the switch statement was inserted.
I hadn't realized Dash would pick this up and act on it.

My main reason for doing this was to get a copy of the documentation (mainly the dictionary) on to my iPad as I often want to look something up, especially if reading the list or forum. The online API doesn't function on touch devices and this just works.

Of course the added bonus is the access to all the other doc sets.

It came in quite handy as I need to look up both HTML and CSS while coding the conversions to html.

James

> Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@...&q=from:%22Bob+Sneidar+via+use%5C-livecode%22> Mon, 11 Sep 2017 10:06:22 -0700 <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@...&q=date:20170911>
> Thanks James that sounds useful, if by snippet you mean common code snippets.
> I'll give that a look see.

Re: Livecode docset for Dash

On 9/11/17 12:27 PM, James Hale via use-livecode wrote:
> The online API doesn't function on touch devices

It works on my Android with Chrome, but it is painfully slow and you
have to wait for the popup ad to display, then dismiss it, and then you
can type. The initial filtering on the first character of the term hangs
for a few seconds, then each successive character takes a little less
time as the filtered list gets smaller.

So yeah, it's hard to use, but it can be done with some patience on
Android at least.

Re: Livecode docset for Dash

New version of "Make DocSet" uploaded.

Changes in version 1.1

• LC icon added.
• Table of contents added for Guides.
  They will appear in the left pane when viewing a guide.

James

Re: Livecode docset for Dash

James,

Just wanted to say thanks so much for creating this. I'm a Dash user,
always have it open with LC and this will help the LC workflow
tremendously.

Just a note, when I double clicked on the docset to activate it, it
started Xcode. I'd hope anyone who is using LC would be able to figure
out how to fix that but it may be worth mentioning in your
instructions.

As far as your 'sw' title for your switch snippet goes, that's easy to fix:

sw3b --switch statement with 3 case and no default (b = break or blank
however it helps to remember)
sw3d --switch statement with 3 case and default (d = default)
sw6b --you get the picture
sw6d

No chance of false activation this way, massive typing time saver :-)

Re: Livecode docset for Dash

Hi James,

To express my appreciation of your astonishing tool and work,
 I'm offering you a free license of sunnYrex
<https://sunny-tdz.com/livecode/sunnyrex> !

 I'll send it to you on your private email.

Hope you'll like it.

Kind regards,

Thierry

[hidden email]>:

> New version of "Make DocSet" uploaded.
>
> Changes in version 1.1
>
> • LC icon added.
> • Table of contents added for Guides.
>   They will appear in the left pane when viewing a guide.
>
> James

Re: Livecode docset for Dash

My goodness. Thank you Thierry, I am at a loss for words.

James

> Hi James,
>
> To express my appreciation of your astonishing tool and work,
> I'm offering you a free license of sunnYrex
> <https://sunny-tdz.com/livecode/sunnyrex> !
>
> I'll send it to you on your private email.
>
> Hope you'll like it.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Thierry

Re: Livecode docset for Dash

Hi Kay,

Now that is strange. It certainly didn't happen to me.
Perhaps my having Dash open at the time did it for me.
I can understand Xcode opening though given it presents itself as a package.

As for the snippet. Yes, normally I use a similar strategy to you. The snippet I had stored was entered quite some time ago just to test things and I had forgotten about it completely, until I "rediscovered" it. 😊