Livecode on iPod

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
I have a young user that was given an iPod by his family.

UDID: FFFFFFFF############################5C
OS: iPhone OS 10.3.2
Device: iPod7,1 (iPod7,1)
Capacity: 14.9 GB

will LiveCode apps run on this? the SA builder does not show "iPod" under iOS.

BR

Re: Livecode on iPod

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
I would bet yes, but UDIDs that start with FFFF are fake. There are many ways to get the real UDID, if you want to create a build for them that they are included in the provisioning file. Look at this site as an example:

https://www.getudid.io

Settings wise is should be like iPhone.

> On Jul 15, 2017, at 7:20 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a young user that was given an iPod by his family.
>
> UDID: FFFFFFFF############################5C
> OS: iPhone OS 10.3.2
> Device: iPod7,1 (iPod7,1)
> Capacity: 14.9 GB
>
> will LiveCode apps run on this? the SA builder does not show "iPod" under iOS.
>
> BR

Re: Livecode on iPod

Rick Harrison via use-livecode

> On Jul 15, 2017, at 7:20 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> the SA builder does not show "iPod" under iOS.

It does for me! :)

I see three options;
iPod, iPhone and iPad
iPod and iPhone
iPad

Paul

Re: Livecode on iPod

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
I’ve used www.getudid.io <http://www.getudid.io/> in the past and sometimes received non-functioning UDIDs - and bad UDIDs are a pain to deal with…

Of course maybe the website works now - however I recommend that people connect their iOS devices to a machine running the latest version of iTunes and use that to get their UDIDs - and in my experience iTunes provides 100% reliable UDIDs

Kind regards

Dave

PS: and yes, LiveCode apps run fine on iPods

> I would bet yes, but UDIDs that start with FFFF are fake. There are many ways to get the real UDID, if you want to create a build for them that they are included in the provisioning file. Look at this site as an example:
>
> https://www.getudid.io <https://www.getudid.io/>
>
> Settings wise is should be like iPhone.
>
> > On Jul 15, 2017, at 7:20 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email] <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4717064&i=0>> wrote:
> >
> > I have a young user that was given an iPod by his family.
> >
> > UDID: FFFFFFFF############################5C
> > OS: iPhone OS 10.3.2
> > Device: iPod7,1 (iPod7,1)
> > Capacity: 14.9 GB
> >
> > will LiveCode apps run on this? the SA builder does not show "iPod" under iOS.
> >
> > BR

Re: Livecode on iPod

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
UDID

FFFFFFF "fake"

?

But developer.apple.com device portal accepts them…

??

BR

On 7/15/17, 4:24 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Colin Holgate via use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    I would bet yes, but UDIDs that start with FFFF are fake.

Re: Livecode on iPod

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Yes, and good luck deploying to it.

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via
use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:

> UDID
>
> FFFFFFF "fake"
>
> ?
>
> But developer.apple.com device portal accepts them…
>
> ??
>
> BR
>

> On 7/15/17, 4:24 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Colin Holgate via
> use-livecode" <[hidden email] on behalf of
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     I would bet yes, but UDIDs that start with FFFF are fake.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."