Lock moves is not working when objects are moved to the points of an other graphic

Lock moves is not working when objects are moved to the points of an other graphic

Tore Nilsen
In LC 8.1.0 on a Mac with macOS 10.12, I have encountered some problems when trying to move several objects simultaneously. The script below works as expected:

on mouseUp

set lockmoves to true

move grc "Oval1" from 50,60 to 1200,60 in 350 milliseconds without waiting

move grc "Oval2" from 50,200 to 1280,200 in 2 seconds without waiting

set lockmoves to false

end mouseUp

However, is a try to substitute the startPoint/endPoint with a reference to different graphics, the first move is completed, without anything happening with the second move. Once the first move is completed, the second object is moved to a point along the path that seems to be consistent with where it should have been by this time, and the animation then starts from there. Has anyone else noticed this?

Regards

Tore

Re: Lock moves is not working when objects are moved to the points of an other graphic

dunbarxx
Hi.

Do you mean something like this:

on mouseUp
set lockmoves to true
move grc "Oval1" to the points of grc 3 in 350 milliseconds without waiting
move grc "Oval2" to the points of grc 4  in 2 seconds without waiting
set lockmoves to false
end mouseUp

Works fine here in v 6.7, so I assume the issue is with v8.

Craig

Re: Lock moves is not working when objects are moved to the points of an other graphic

Tore Nilsen
Yes, this is what does not work in 8.1.0. I've tried it both on my Macbook and on my iMac, and the second movement only start once the first is finished.
I should probably look for a bug report/file a bug report if no other report exists.

Tore

hh

Re: Lock moves is not working when objects are moved to the points of an other graphic

hh
'Lock moves' or 'set lockmoves to true'
works here as it should with LC 8.1.1 and 9.0.0-dp1 on MacOS 10.12.1.

hh

Re: Lock moves is not working when objects are moved to the points of an other graphic

hh
Tore.

Did you notice the difference in Craig's post?
We can't use
'from point A to the points of'
but either 'from point A to point B' or 'to the points of'.

Hermann