Lock screen

Lars Brehmer
I was wondering what it takes to get lockScreen to do what the docs
say it does.  I have several scripts that do all kinds of things that
should be hidden, but it still looks like all of these things happen
after unlockScreen with all kinds of flicker.  For some things I took
some old advice and put the stacks way off screen while the changes
take place, but now not even this works.  Shouldn't it be so that you
lock the screen, the changes take place, you unlock the screen and
are at the point where the changes have already happened?  Buffer
display is always checked in the stack inspector, beyonf that I just
don't know.  Tps appreciated!

Cheers,

Lars

Re: Lock screen

J. Landman Gay
On 6/14/05 3:26 PM, Lars Brehmer wrote:

> I was wondering what it takes to get lockScreen to do what the docs  say
> it does.  I have several scripts that do all kinds of things that
> should be hidden, but it still looks like all of these things happen
> after unlockScreen with all kinds of flicker.  For some things I took
> some old advice and put the stacks way off screen while the changes
> take place, but now not even this works.  Shouldn't it be so that you
> lock the screen, the changes take place, you unlock the screen and  are
> at the point where the changes have already happened?

Seems to work okay here. What changes are you making?

Re: Lock screen

Peter T. Evensen
If you are running it in the development environment, did you see this note
on lock screen?

When using script debug mode, the screen cannot be locked and the lock
screen command has no effect.

At 03:26 PM 6/14/2005, you wrote:

>I was wondering what it takes to get lockScreen to do what the docs
>say it does.  I have several scripts that do all kinds of things that
>should be hidden, but it still looks like all of these things happen
>after unlockScreen with all kinds of flicker.  For some things I took
>some old advice and put the stacks way off screen while the changes
>take place, but now not even this works.  Shouldn't it be so that you
>lock the screen, the changes take place, you unlock the screen and
>are at the point where the changes have already happened?  Buffer
>display is always checked in the stack inspector, beyonf that I just
>don't know.  Tps appreciated!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Lars

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
24-hour recorded info hotline: 1-800-624-7671