Locking selective text in a field

Levi Kendall
Hi all,

  I'm looking for a method to allow selective text to be locked in a
field.  Essentially everything in the field would need to be editable
except specific lines of text.  Or perhaps not even lines, but
specific chunks of characters.  One difficulty is as text is added or
deleted from the field, the sections of text that need to remained
locked will move around.

  Has anyone experimented with something similar or found an
implementation to do this?  Thanks.

-Levi

RE: Locking selective text in a field

Lynch, Jonathan

For setting the lock on a chunk use something like this in a script
somewhere:

Set the linktext of char 4 to 6 of field "myField" to "Locked"

In the script of the field, use this (untested):

On rawkeydown
  Put word 2 of the selectedchunk into tStartChar
  Put word 4 of the selectedchunk into tEndChar
  If tEndChar < tStartChar then
    If the linktext of the selection = "Locked" then
      Exit rawkeydown
    End if
  Else
    Repeat with X = tStartChar to tEndChar
      If the linktext of char X of me = "Locked" then
        Exit rawkeydown
      End if
    End repeat
  End if