Looking for a consultant/mentor

peter andonian
I am looking for an experienced Runrev developer who can help me
create an application to run my manufacturing business.  I would like
to do a good portion of the work myself, but am not fully adept with
runrev.  I do know hypercard quite well, so I do feel comfortable
with transcript.  I need to have a multiuser setup, so someone who
knows MySQL would be ideal.  I am in the Seattle area and would
prefer someone local.  Please respond to my personal email,
[hidden email] , if you are interested.  Our company
website is http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/

Resizing images

André Rombauts
Is there a plugin to allow images resizing inside a running application? The
purpose is to use the same image for various screen sizes? Storing different
images  according to the various screen sizes would be space consuming.

André

Re: Resizing images

Eric Chatonet
Bonjour André,

I think you do not need a plugin.
If I understand correctly, get only one image (the wider one) and set
the rect of your image to the screenRect.
Note that this can lead to the image being distorted.
If you are interested in images, proportional resizing, etc. you
could have a look at my "How to store images" tutorial.
Access it with Tutorials Picker (available on Rev Online - user: So
Smart Software) or download it from my website.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 17 juil. 05 à 10:21, André Rombauts a écrit :

> Is there a plugin to allow images resizing inside a running
> application? The
> purpose is to use the same image for various screen sizes? Storing
> different
> images  according to the various screen sizes would be space
> consuming.

So Smart Software

RE: Resizing images

Jim Bufalini
Andre,

Chip has a free altResizeImgLib that uses import, rect, and export, that you
might want to download from his altuit.com site and study to see how to do
this. Depending on your need, you may be able to just *start using* it as a
library.

Jim

RE: Resizing images

Jim Bufalini
Oh, one more thing... Use something like Eric's Resources Picker to search
recent posts to this list, with the words *import* and *offscreen* and *off
screen* to understand how to get rid of the flashing pictures you will see,
when you start using import programmatically. -Jim