Loss of internet connectivity in IDE after a while

Loss of internet connectivity in IDE after a while

I’m using 8.1.3 (Business licence) on the Mac and I’ve notice a few times that the IDE seems to be unresponsive to URL requests after a while. If for example I do something simple like...

Put url http://www.google.com

then I get the following error...

Message execution error:
Error description: Function: error in function handler
Hint: ulExtIsBlocked

Before I log a bug report, does anyone know what this means and if there is any way to ‘unblock’ it (other than quitting and restarting LC). I also need to be very confident that this problem isn’t going to surface on the iPad app that I’m currently updating.

Regards,

Terry...

Terry Judd  | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Department of Medical Education<http://medicine.unimelb.edu.au/medical-education>
The University of Melbourne<http://www.unimelb.edu.au>
M: 0435 961 594  |  E: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Publications<https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=XC5s6wwAAAAJ&hl=en>

Re: Loss of internet connectivity in IDE after a while

On 5/14/17 8:51 PM, Terry Judd via use-livecode wrote:

> I’m using 8.1.3 (Business licence) on the Mac and I’ve notice a few times that the IDE seems to be unresponsive to URL requests after a while. If for example I do something simple like...
>
> Put url http://www.google.com
>
> then I get the following error...
>
> Message execution error:
> Error description: Function: error in function handler
> Hint: ulExtIsBlocked
>
> Before I log a bug report, does anyone know what this means and if there is any way to ‘unblock’ it (other than quitting and restarting LC). I also need to be very confident that this problem isn’t going to surface on the iPad app that I’m currently updating.

It's a bug, already reported and fixed in 8.1.4. It happens when you run
the stack in the simulator or build an app. In the IDE you can type
"start using stack tsNetLibUrl" into the message box to reload the tsNet
external, but it's probably easier to just move to 8.1.4.

Re: Loss of internet connectivity in IDE after a while

Ah – that’s really helpful (and reassuring). I’ll move to 8.1.4 now.

Thanks,

Terry...