MacIconToFile demo

Terry Judd
I¹ve put together a small stack that demonstrates the scripted solution
(well with a bit of help from the revXML external) for creating images from
Mac file and application icons that I posted the other day. Just set the
output image size and drag a file or application from the Finder onto the
icon Œspace¹ and you¹re away.

Type...

go url "http://deblah.com/rev/MacIconToFile_demo.rev"

...into the message box to download it.

Terry...

Re: MacIconToFile demo

Devin Asay

On Mar 19, 2009, at 2:56 AM, Terry Judd wrote:

> I¹ve put together a small stack that demonstrates the scripted
> solution
> (well with a bit of help from the revXML external) for creating
> images from
> Mac file and application icons that I posted the other day. Just set
> the
> output image size and drag a file or application from the Finder
> onto the
> icon Œspace¹ and you¹re away.
>
> Type...
>
> go url "http://deblah.com/rev/MacIconToFile_demo.rev"
>
> ...into the message box to download it.

Hi Terry,

Very nice. I find it works well for most OS X application and document
icons. Ironically, it doesn't work for me on standalone apps created
by Revolution. Nor would it work on alias files or OS X pkg and mpkg
files.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University

Re: MacIconToFile demo

Terry Judd
Thanks for the feedback Devin. I should be able to fix it so all of those
file/folder types return icons.

Regards,

Terry...