MacOS 10.13 crashes LC after color dialog

MacOS 10.13 crashes LC after color dialog

Tom Glod via use-livecode
MacOS 10.13, LC 6.7.11/ 7.1.4/ 8.1.6/ 9.0.0-dp9
(here on Mac mini/late 2012 2.5 GHz i5, Intel Grahics HD 4000)

When using the color dialog from the Property Inspector or via
"answer color", every latest LC version, from LC 6.7.11 up to
LC 9.0.0-dp9, crashes immediately.

Hopefully the LC-team can repair this soon.

Re: MacOS 10.13 crashes LC after color dialog

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Yup, same for me on Macbook Pro Retina.

Roger

> On Sep 28, 2017, at 10:11 PM, hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> MacOS 10.13, LC 6.7.11/ 7.1.4/ 8.1.6/ 9.0.0-dp9
> (here on Mac mini/late 2012 2.5 GHz i5, Intel Grahics HD 4000)
>
> When using the color dialog from the Property Inspector or via
> "answer color", every latest LC version, from LC 6.7.11 up to
> LC 9.0.0-dp9, crashes immediately.
>
> Hopefully the LC-team can repair this soon.

Re: MacOS 10.13 crashes LC after color dialog

Tom Glod via use-livecode
It has been like this since the second developer beta of MacOS 10.13. In the very first developer beta of MacOS 10.13, LC would crash before it managed to open the color picker.

Tore Nilsen

> 29. sep. 2017 kl. 07:22 skrev Roger Guay via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Yup, same for me on Macbook Pro Retina.
>
> Roger
>
>> On Sep 28, 2017, at 10:11 PM, hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> MacOS 10.13, LC 6.7.11/ 7.1.4/ 8.1.6/ 9.0.0-dp9
>> (here on Mac mini/late 2012 2.5 GHz i5, Intel Grahics HD 4000)
>>
>> When using the color dialog from the Property Inspector or via
>> "answer color", every latest LC version, from LC 6.7.11 up to
>> LC 9.0.0-dp9, crashes immediately.
>>
>> Hopefully the LC-team can repair this soon.

Re: MacOS 10.13 crashes LC after color dialog

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Hi all,

MacOS 10.13 is still in beta, and several other apps have problems with the
system color picker:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/6mu94y/anyone_else_noticed_that_on_high_sierra_using_the/
https://vimeo.com/234359128

I am not sure if this is something that Apple plans to fix, or something
that we (LiveCode) and all the other affected apps have to patch.

Best,
Panos
--

PS: @Hermann thanks for the bug report

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 6:31 AM, Tore Nilsen via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> It has been like this since the second developer beta of MacOS 10.13. In
> the very first developer beta of MacOS 10.13, LC would crash before it
> managed to open the color picker.
>
> Tore Nilsen
>

> > 29. sep. 2017 kl. 07:22 skrev Roger Guay via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > Yup, same for me on Macbook Pro Retina.
> >
> > Roger
> >
> >> On Sep 28, 2017, at 10:11 PM, hh via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> MacOS 10.13, LC 6.7.11/ 7.1.4/ 8.1.6/ 9.0.0-dp9
> >> (here on Mac mini/late 2012 2.5 GHz i5, Intel Grahics HD 4000)
> >>
> >> When using the color dialog from the Property Inspector or via
> >> "answer color", every latest LC version, from LC 6.7.11 up to
> >> LC 9.0.0-dp9, crashes immediately.
> >>
> >> Hopefully the LC-team can repair this soon.

Re: MacOS 10.13 crashes LC after color dialog

Tom Glod via use-livecode
> Panos wrote:
> MacOS 10.13 is still in beta

No. Official version since Sept 25, 2017.
https://www.apple.com/macos/high-sierra/

Re: MacOS 10.13 crashes LC after color dialog

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Oops :)

Hmm that's strange, my Mac running 10.12.6 does not offer me to upgrade to
10.13 when I "Check for updates".

Anyway, I will upgrade using your link.

So it looks like the color picker issue is something *we* have to address.

Best regards,
Panos
--

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 9:34 AM, hh via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Panos wrote:
> > MacOS 10.13 is still in beta
>
> No. Official version since Sept 25, 2017.
> https://www.apple.com/macos/high-sierra/

Re: MacOS 10.13 crashes LC after color dialog

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Yes. Probably such bugs as the color picker issue are the reason
for not offering the upgrade via the built-in AppStore updater?

Though it is possible to work around: The GraphicConverter upgraded
yesterday, it has a working color picker.

Re: MacOS 10.13 crashes LC after color dialog

Tom Glod via use-livecode
On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 12:11 AM, hh via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> MacOS 10.13, LC 6.7.11/ 7.1.4/ 8.1.6/ 9.0.0-dp9
> (here on Mac mini/late 2012 2.5 GHz i5, Intel Grahics HD 4000)
>
> When using the color dialog from the Property Inspector or via
> "answer color", every latest LC version, from LC 6.7.11 up to
> LC 9.0.0-dp9, crashes immediately.
>
> Hopefully the LC-team can repair this soon.

I see the same crash. Is there a bug report filed for this?

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps

Re: MacOS 10.13 crashes LC after color dialog

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Reported, of course, #20490.

On 2017-09-29 16:15, hh via use-livecode wrote:
> Reported, of course, #20490.

Fixed, of course, https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/6012.

This patch will be back-ported to 8.1.6 as 8.1.6-gm-3 - this will appear
as soon as we can get it built and uploaded - it will appear in the auto
updater when it is done. (The build number will be 14034).

It will next appear in 8.1.7-rc-2 (which currently has an ETA of Monday
all being well), then subsequently in 8.2.0-dp-2 and 9.0.0-dp-10.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

Re: MacOS 10.13 crashes LC after color dialog

Tom Glod via use-livecode
> > Reported, of course, #20490.
> Fixed, of course, https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/6012.

-:))