MacOpener users?

Cal Horner-2
Anyone on the list using a Dataviz product called "MacOpener"?

It's supposed to read the mac formatted dicsc and transfer them to Windows.

I've got thousands of old HC stacks just gathering dust in the corner I'd
like to convert them with Rev.

Cal

Re: MacOpener users?

xtalkprogrammer
Hello Cal,

I don't use Dataviz, but know of a few ways to do this. What kind of
disks do you have, exactly? There is a simple and free utility that
reads Mac floppy disks, (either 800K or 1.4M but not both AFAIK).
I'll find it for you if you need it. There is Basilisk that reads
floppy disks too (but again either 800K or 1.4M, I can check that for
you). If you have CD's that you can't read somehow, maybe you should
tell us a little more about the files you have.

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 2-jun-2006, om 22:19 heeft Cal Horner het volgende geschreven:

> Anyone on the list using a Dataviz product called "MacOpener"?
>
> It's supposed to read the mac formatted dicsc and transfer them to
> Windows.
>
> I've got thousands of old HC stacks just gathering dust in the
> corner I'd
> like to convert them with Rev.
>
> Cal

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: MacOpener users?

Ken Ray
On 6/2/06 3:19 PM, "Cal Horner" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anyone on the list using a Dataviz product called "MacOpener"?

Not currently, but I have used it in the past.

> It's supposed to read the mac formatted dicsc and transfer them to Windows.

Yes, it allows Windows to mount Mac formatted discs so that you can have
access to the Mac files/folders on the disc (ostensibly to drag them to a
folder on your hard drive).

> I've got thousands of old HC stacks just gathering dust in the corner I'd
> like to convert them with Rev.

Can I assume that you don't already have a Mac? If so, you don't need
MacOpener...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: [hidden email]

Re: MacOpener users?

mwieder
Ken-

Friday, June 2, 2006, 2:31:33 PM, you wrote:

> Can I assume that you don't already have a Mac? If so, you don't need
> MacOpener...

...last time I checked, OSX still didn't support mounting floppies...

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: MacOpener users?

Ken Ray
On 6/3/06 2:11 PM, "Mark Wieder" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ken-
>
> Friday, June 2, 2006, 2:31:33 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Can I assume that you don't already have a Mac? If so, you don't need
>> MacOpener...
>
> ...last time I checked, OSX still didn't support mounting floppies...

That's true for internal floppies, but It does for some external USB floppy
drives: