“Make Docset” updated to 3.1, DASH docset for LC now at 1.7.1

“Make Docset” updated to 3.1, DASH docset for LC now at 1.7.1

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
I have uploaded version 3.1 of the ‘make_docset’ stack to LC Share.
This version returns syntax coloring to the examples as well as retaining their indentation.
It also adds links to all the “Associations” listed in many of the entries. This was only something I had noticed recently so apologies for not including them sooner.

As a result I have used this version to construct a docset for Livecode 9.01 (stable) and have uploaded it to the user-contribution area for Dash. Anyone using Dash or a compatible reader should update their Livecode docset to this version (1.7.1).

James

Re: “Make Docset” updated to 3.1, DASH docset for LC now at 1.7.1

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
First of all, thanks a lot for doing this.  Dash is now my default way to
access the docs, on both my ipad and mac.  I love it.
Second, I have auto-updates turned on for both platforms, but they both
show the LC docs at 1.6.1

Re: “Make Docset” updated to 3.1, DASH docset for LC now at 1.7.1

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Hi Mike,

You have to chose the user contributed docs and do a check for updates. I did it yesterday. Mine is also set on auto update but it seems to only work on the main docset.

Best Regards,
Ron

> On Oct 27, 2018, at 6:45 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> First of all, thanks a lot for doing this.  Dash is now my default way to
> access the docs, on both my ipad and mac.  I love it.
> Second, I have auto-updates turned on for both platforms, but they both
> show the LC docs at 1.6.1

Re: “Make Docset” updated to 3.1, DASH docset for LC now at 1.7.1

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
And on Android it doesn't work at all, which is where I wanted to use
it. The Android build won't load user contributions. :(

On 10/27/18 2:24 PM, Ron Metzker via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> You have to chose the user contributed docs and do a check for updates. I did it yesterday. Mine is also set on auto update but it seems to only work on the main docset.
>
> Best Regards,
> Ron
>
>> On Oct 27, 2018, at 6:45 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> First of all, thanks a lot for doing this.  Dash is now my default way to
>> access the docs, on both my ipad and mac.  I love it.
>> Second, I have auto-updates turned on for both platforms, but they both
>> show the LC docs at 1.6.1

Re: “Make Docset” updated to 3.1, DASH docset for LC now at 1.7.1

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
is it because of the versioning?  Anyway, thanks, that worked.

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 4:00 PM J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> And on Android it doesn't work at all, which is where I wanted to use
> it. The Android build won't load user contributions. :(
>
> On 10/27/18 2:24 PM, Ron Metzker via use-livecode wrote:
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > You have to chose the user contributed docs and do a check for updates.
> I did it yesterday. Mine is also set on auto update but it seems to only
> work on the main docset.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Ron
> >
> >> On Oct 27, 2018, at 6:45 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> First of all, thanks a lot for doing this.  Dash is now my default way
> >> access the docs, on both my ipad and mac.  I love it.
> >> Second, I have auto-updates turned on for both platforms, but they both
> >> show the LC docs at 1.6.1

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: “Make Docset” updated to 3.1, DASH docset for LC now at 1.7.1

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
I should say that just worked on mac (as in I manually updated).  On ios,
it just prompted me that there was an update and auto-updated.

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 8:12 PM Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> is it because of the versioning?  Anyway, thanks, that worked.
>
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 4:00 PM J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> And on Android it doesn't work at all, which is where I wanted to use
>> it. The Android build won't load user contributions. :(
>>
>> On 10/27/18 2:24 PM, Ron Metzker via use-livecode wrote:
>> > Hi Mike,
>> >
>> > You have to chose the user contributed docs and do a check for updates.
>> I did it yesterday. Mine is also set on auto update but it seems to only
>> work on the main docset.
>> >
>> > Best Regards,
>> > Ron

>    and did a little diving.