Menu Checkmarks

Justin Sloan-2
I am trying to check and uncheck a menu item, specifically a "Word Wrap" menu option.  I tried several things but can't seem to get it to work.

set the hilite of menuItem 10 of menu "Edit" of group "MenuBar" to false

set the checkmark of menuItem 10 of menu "Edit" of group "MenuBar" to false

set the value of menuItem 10 of menu "Edit" of group "MenuBar" to "!nWord Wrap"

set the label of menuItem 10 of menu "Edit" of group "MenuBar" to "!nWord Wrap"

Any thoughts?_______________________________________________

Re: Menu Checkmarks

Sarah Reichelt-2
put "!c" before line 10 of button "Edit"

Then you need to move it if the item is un-checked.
I usually grab the text of the button, replace "!c" with empty, apply
any required check marks, the put the variable back into the menu
button.

Cheers,
Sarah

On Sunday, June 27, 2010, Justin Sloan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to check and uncheck a menu item, specifically a "Word Wrap" menu option.  I tried several things but can't seem to get it to work.
>
> set the hilite of menuItem 10 of menu "Edit" of group "MenuBar" to false
>
> set the checkmark of menuItem 10 of menu "Edit" of group "MenuBar" to false
>
> set the value of menuItem 10 of menu "Edit" of group "MenuBar" to "!nWord Wrap"
>
> set the label of menuItem 10 of menu "Edit" of group "MenuBar" to "!nWord Wrap"
>
> Any thoughts?_______________________________________________

Cheers,
Sarah

Rodeo discussion:
http://rodeoapps.com/rodeo-discuss-among-yourselves

Re: Menu Checkmarks

Jeffrey Massung
On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Sarah Reichelt <[hidden email]>wrote:

> put "!c" before line 10 of button "Edit"
>
> Then you need to move it if the item is un-checked.
> I usually grab the text of the button, replace "!c" with empty, apply
> any required check marks, the put the variable back into the menu
> button.

Been a while since I've done this, but I seem to remember that you can use
"!u" to uncheck an item, that way if you have a menu that you don't want to
be modifying all the time with a lot of parsing, you can put "!u" in front
of all the menu items, and change char 2 to "c" or "u" as you please.

Untested, and I'm not sure if it works or if it's not "!u" but something
else. But might be worth looking into.

Jeff M.