MetaCard Setup 2.01

J. Landman Gay
MetaCard Setup 2.01 is uploaded, and contains a bug fix for OS X and
better engine version identification:

<http://www.metacard.livecodejournal.com/files/other_plugins/metacard_setup_201.rev.gz>

This version corrects the naming problem in OS X where Home wasn't
properly renamed, and also makes a better attempt to identify the engine
version you've chosen. Thanks go to Ken, who volunteered the VBScript
for Windows.

On Linux, it won't know what engine you've chosen, so it will just warn
you to be careful. I'm sure there must be a shell command for that but I
couldn't find it. Richmond, if you get a chance, could you run it on
Linux and let me know how it works?

Thanks guys for the help and testing.

Re: MetaCard Setup 2.01

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 06/30/2011 06:49 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> MetaCard Setup 2.01 is uploaded, and contains a bug fix for OS X and
> better engine version identification:
>

> <http://www.metacard.livecodejournal.com/files/other_plugins/metacard_setup_201.rev.gz>
>

> This version corrects the naming problem in OS X where Home wasn't
> properly renamed, and also makes a better attempt to identify the
> engine version you've chosen. Thanks go to Ken, who volunteered the
> VBScript for Windows.
>
> On Linux, it won't know what engine you've chosen, so it will just
> warn you to be careful. I'm sure there must be a shell command for
> that but I couldn't find it. Richmond, if you get a chance, could you
> run it on Linux and let me know how it works?
>
> Thanks guys for the help and testing.

Whacko! This built Metacard perfectly: EXCEPT it copied all the files
from my Home directory into the target directory as well as the MC
files: odd.

Re: MetaCard Setup 2.01

J. Landman Gay
On 6/30/11 5:18 AM, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> Whacko! This built Metacard perfectly: EXCEPT it copied all the files
> from my Home directory into the target directory as well as the MC
> files: odd.

Thanks Richmond, appreciate the test. Yes, it copies everything in the
main folder. On Windows, at least, that's required. RR stores externals
and libraries there which need to move to the new build. Since that may
(and probably will) vary in future releases, MC Setup just copies
everything in that folder to ensure that everything works.

I think most people leave the program folder alone and store their own
work elsewhere. I should have known you'd do it differently. ;)

I'll upload to the Yahoo group and RevOnline later today, thanks so much
for the help.