Microsoft 365 Rest API

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Does anyone have any working livecode scripts/libraries to use with the Microsoft 365 Rest API for accessing Calendar entries?

Any help much appreciated.

--

Colin Kelly

Re: Microsoft 365 Rest API

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I’ve been currently working on a project with another Livecoder making a library to work with MS Dynamics365. It turns out that the best way for LC to work with it is via their webAPI (as are most things) until v9 is ready. But this still means a lot of stuff being put together outside of LC. You first need an Azure account setup to enable authentication. You then need someone conversant with c#, Visual Basic and .net to write the APIs based on the MS SDK. This then needs putting onto a .net server. From there it is really straight forward to set up a http header in LC and all of the Post and http calls to send and receive data.

To be honest, the LC side of things is really simple, and our API guy has been really good at setting the whole thing up for us. We found him via PeoplePerHour and is clearly one of the best in his field.

It’s been a long process working out how to get it all to work together so I’m happy I can now make it easier for members like you, saving you the effort of fumbling around (like we did) to find a solution.

PM me if and when you need more guidance and we can set up a Skype, FaceTime or whatever.

All the best

Sean Cole
Pi Digital
[hidden email]

> On 12 Oct 2017, at 12:52, Colin Kelly via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Does anyone have any working livecode scripts/libraries to use with the Microsoft 365 Rest API for accessing Calendar entries?
>

> Any help much appreciated.
>

> --
>
> Colin Kelly

Re: Microsoft 365 Rest API

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I am very interested in this functionality as well.

SKIP

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 8:54 AM, Pi Digital via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’ve been currently working on a project with another Livecoder making a
> library to work with MS Dynamics365. It turns out that the best way for LC
> to work with it is via their webAPI (as are most things) until v9 is ready.
> But this still means a lot of stuff being put together outside of LC. You
> first need an Azure account setup to enable authentication. You then need
> someone conversant with c#, Visual Basic and .net to write the APIs based
> on the MS SDK. This then needs putting onto a .net server. From there it is
> really straight forward to set up a http header in LC and all of the Post
> and http calls to send and receive data.
>
> To be honest, the LC side of things is really simple, and our API guy has
> been really good at setting the whole thing up for us. We found him via
> PeoplePerHour and is clearly one of the best in his field.
>
> It’s been a long process working out how to get it all to work together so
> I’m happy I can now make it easier for members like you, saving you the
> effort of fumbling around (like we did) to find a solution.
>
> PM me if and when you need more guidance and we can set up a Skype,
> FaceTime or whatever.
>
> All the best
>
> Sean Cole
> Pi Digital
> [hidden email]
>
> > On 12 Oct 2017, at 12:52, Colin Kelly via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have any working livecode scripts/libraries to use with the
> Microsoft 365 Rest API for accessing Calendar entries?
> >

> > Any help much appreciated.
> >

> > --
> >
> > Colin Kelly

Re: Microsoft 365 Rest API

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
VERY interested!  Will this be shared, or become a add-on product for the
LC community?

~Roger

[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’ve been currently working on a project with another Livecoder making a
> library to work with MS Dynamics365. It turns out that the best way for LC
> to work with it is via their webAPI (as are most things) until v9 is ready.
> But this still means a lot of stuff being put together outside of LC. You
> first need an Azure account setup to enable authentication. You then need
> someone conversant with c#, Visual Basic and .net to write the APIs based
> on the MS SDK. This then needs putting onto a .net server. From there it is
> really straight forward to set up a http header in LC and all of the Post
> and http calls to send and receive data.
>
> To be honest, the LC side of things is really simple, and our API guy has
> been really good at setting the whole thing up for us. We found him via
> PeoplePerHour and is clearly one of the best in his field.
>
> It’s been a long process working out how to get it all to work together so
> I’m happy I can now make it easier for members like you, saving you the
> effort of fumbling around (like we did) to find a solution.
>
> PM me if and when you need more guidance and we can set up a Skype,
> FaceTime or whatever.
>
> All the best
>
> Sean Cole
> Pi Digital
> [hidden email]
>
> > On 12 Oct 2017, at 12:52, Colin Kelly via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have any working livecode scripts/libraries to use with the
> Microsoft 365 Rest API for accessing Calendar entries?
> >

> > Any help much appreciated.
> >

> > --
> >
> > Colin Kelly

Re: Microsoft 365 Rest API

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Roger... why is it that you and I are ALWAYS on the same page and
interested in the same things?

Love it!

SKIP

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Roger Eller via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> VERY interested!  Will this be shared, or become a add-on product for the
> LC community?
>
> ~Roger
>

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 8:54 AM, Pi Digital via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I’ve been currently working on a project with another Livecoder making a
> > library to work with MS Dynamics365. It turns out that the best way for
> LC
> > to work with it is via their webAPI (as are most things) until v9 is
> ready.
> > But this still means a lot of stuff being put together outside of LC. You
> > first need an Azure account setup to enable authentication. You then need
> > someone conversant with c#, Visual Basic and .net to write the APIs based
> > on the MS SDK. This then needs putting onto a .net server. From there it
> is
> > really straight forward to set up a http header in LC and all of the Post
> > and http calls to send and receive data.
> >
> > To be honest, the LC side of things is really simple, and our API guy has
> > been really good at setting the whole thing up for us. We found him via
> > PeoplePerHour and is clearly one of the best in his field.
> >
> > It’s been a long process working out how to get it all to work together
> so
> > I’m happy I can now make it easier for members like you, saving you the
> > effort of fumbling around (like we did) to find a solution.
> >
> > PM me if and when you need more guidance and we can set up a Skype,
> > FaceTime or whatever.
> >
> > All the best
> >
> > Sean Cole
> > Pi Digital
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > > On 12 Oct 2017, at 12:52, Colin Kelly via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any working livecode scripts/libraries to use with the
> > Microsoft 365 Rest API for accessing Calendar entries?
> > >

> > > Any help much appreciated.
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Colin Kelly

Re: Microsoft 365 Rest API

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Skip, we are piloting the same starship in alternate universes, I do
believe.  ;)

~Roger

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Skip Kimpel via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Roger... why is it that you and I are ALWAYS on the same page and
> interested in the same things?
>
> Love it!
>
> SKIP
>
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Roger Eller via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > VERY interested!  Will this be shared, or become a add-on product for the
> > LC community?
> >
> > ~Roger
> >

> > On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 8:54 AM, Pi Digital via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I’ve been currently working on a project with another Livecoder making
> > > library to work with MS Dynamics365. It turns out that the best way for
> > LC
> > > to work with it is via their webAPI (as are most things) until v9 is
> > ready.
> > > But this still means a lot of stuff being put together outside of LC.
> You
> > > first need an Azure account setup to enable authentication. You then
> need
> > > someone conversant with c#, Visual Basic and .net to write the APIs
> based
> > > on the MS SDK. This then needs putting onto a .net server. From there
> it
> > is
> > > really straight forward to set up a http header in LC and all of the
> Post
> > > and http calls to send and receive data.
> > >
> > > To be honest, the LC side of things is really simple, and our API guy
> has
> > > been really good at setting the whole thing up for us. We found him via
> > > PeoplePerHour and is clearly one of the best in his field.
> > >
> > > It’s been a long process working out how to get it all to work together
> > so
> > > I’m happy I can now make it easier for members like you, saving you the
> > > effort of fumbling around (like we did) to find a solution.
> > >
> > > PM me if and when you need more guidance and we can set up a Skype,
> > > FaceTime or whatever.
> > >
> > > All the best
> > >
> > > Sean Cole
> > > Pi Digital
> > > [hidden email]

> the
> > > Microsoft 365 Rest API for accessing Calendar entries?

Re: Microsoft 365 Rest API

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Amen to that...

SKIP

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Roger Eller via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Skip, we are piloting the same starship in alternate universes, I do
> believe.  ;)
>
> ~Roger
>

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Skip Kimpel via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Roger... why is it that you and I are ALWAYS on the same page and
> > interested in the same things?
> >
> > Love it!
> >
> > SKIP
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Roger Eller via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > VERY interested!  Will this be shared, or become a add-on product for
> the
> > > LC community?
> > >
> > > ~Roger

> making
> for
> > > LC
> > > ready.
> > You
> > need
> > based
> > it
> > > is
> > Post

> > has
> via

> together
> > > so
> the

> > the

Re: Microsoft 365 Rest API

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Thanks for this Sean, I’m very keen to understand/learn how you’ve put this together, there does seem to be a wide need for this by the noise generated in this list.
Would be great to see this put on one of the upcoming LiveCode Global Days!

--
Colin Kelly
M 07951 920680