Minor Update to 2.6

Mark Waddingham
Hi all,

The 2.6 distributions available from http://downloads.runrev.com have
been recently updated with a minor update to the engine (taking the
buildnumber from 91 to 108).

This addresses a number of issues including the problems reported with
the answer/ask file commands, and with deep masks on MacOS X and
Windows. Full details are contained the engine ChangeLog included in the
distribution.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Re: Minor Update to 2.6

Björnke von Gierke
Why does my RunRev version (91) not say that i need an update when i do
"check for updates...."?

On Jun 14 2005, at 22:19, Mark Waddingham wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The 2.6 distributions available from http://downloads.runrev.com have
> been recently updated with a minor update to the engine (taking the
> buildnumber from 91 to 108).
>
> This addresses a number of issues including the problems reported with
> the answer/ask file commands, and with deep masks on MacOS X and
> Windows. Full details are contained the engine ChangeLog included in
> the
> distribution.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Mark.

Re: Minor Update to 2.6

Eric Chatonet
Hi Björnke,

Seems that the check for updates need to be updated ;-)
As when the build 91 was released and check for updates continued to
tell about 2.5.1...
It was fixed a couple of days later.
So it will be certainly fixed the day after tomorrow ;-)

Le 14 juin 05 à 23:23, Björnke von Gierke a écrit :

> Why does my RunRev version (91) not say that i need an update when
> i do "check for updates...."?

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website

Re: Minor Update to 2.6

Jon-3
I keep going to the web site, and it keeps saying that 2.6 is available.
I already have 2.6, so I don't bother to download it again.

If you are making changes to the code that is available, PLEASE change
the name on the web site.  Call it 2.6.0.0.0.1 if you wish, but this
slip-streaming is very confusing.

Jon

Mark Waddingham wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>The 2.6 distributions available from http://downloads.runrev.com have
>been recently updated with a minor update to the engine (taking the
>buildnumber from 91 to 108).
>
>This addresses a number of issues including the problems reported with
>the answer/ask file commands, and with deep masks on MacOS X and
>Windows. Full details are contained the engine ChangeLog included in the
>distribution.
>
>Warmest Regards,
>
>Mark.

Re: Minor Update to 2.6

Marian Petrides, MD

I agree with Jon.  I gets confusing keeping track of which build one
has and which is current.

Ahem...  I have another request, too:   Please fix the dialog that
pops up when I check for updates. Running build 108, I get a message
that says the latest build is 91 and offers me the option to download
it.

On Jun 14, 2005, at 7:25 PM, Jon wrote:

> I keep going to the web site, and it keeps saying that 2.6 is
> available. I already have 2.6, so I don't bother to download it again.
> If you are making changes to the code that is available, PLEASE
> change the name on the web site.  Call it 2.6.0.0.0.1 if you wish,
> but this slip-streaming is very confusing.
> Jon
>

> Mark Waddingham wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> The 2.6 distributions available from http://downloads.runrev.com have
>> been recently updated with a minor update to the engine (taking the
>> buildnumber from 91 to 108).
>>
>> This addresses a number of issues including the problems reported
>> with
>> the answer/ask file commands, and with deep masks on MacOS X and
>> Windows. Full details are contained the engine ChangeLog included
>> in the
>> distribution.
>>
>> Warmest Regards,
>>
>> Mark.

Re: Minor Update to 2.6

Eric Chatonet
Hi all,

May be some of you will be interested to know that in the build 108
available from http://downloads.runrev.com since yesterday only the
app and the text files (read me, etc.) have been changed.
If I got it right, this means that replacing the app is enough to get
a complete upgrade of Rev 2.6 from build 91 to 108.

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website

Re: Minor Update to 2.6

James Richards
Is the ChangeLog posted somewhere (or could it be) to enable the more
expert users to decide whether to download?  At the moment it seems
that they have to download first to discover what changes have been
made.  Some users may prefer to postpone updating if none of the issues
addressed affects them/their projects.

Regards

James
--
James J Richards

[hidden email]

Tel. +44 (0)15394 43063
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:19:26 +0100, Mark Waddingham wrote:

> Full details are contained the engine ChangeLog included in the
> distribution.

Re: Minor Update to 2.6

Jon-3
Customers should not have to be "expert users" to figure out if they
should download the files.  And customers should not have to download
the files in order to figure out if they needed to be downloaded.  The
consequence of this insanity is that we all would be downloading the
files every frigging day, right?  This is not a guessing game: it is
product delivery.

I've tolerated poor documentation and unimplemented features, but do I
have to tolerate amateur night with a product that has been around for
years and years?

Sorry for the rant, but I really think we should be able to focus on
more subtle issues than this obvious one.

Jon

James Richards wrote:

> Is the ChangeLog posted somewhere (or could it be) to enable the more
> expert users to decide whether to download?  At the moment it seems
> that they have to download first to discover what changes have been
> made.  Some users may prefer to postpone updating if none of the
> issues addressed affects them/their projects.
>
> Regards
>
> James
> --
> James J Richards
>
> [hidden email]
>
> Tel. +44 (0)15394 43063
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:19:26 +0100, Mark Waddingham wrote:
>
>> Full details are contained the engine ChangeLog included in the
>> distribution.

Live Keynotes from RevCon West

Chipp Walters
Hi all,

We're trying to setup a live video stream for both Keynotes, Friday and
Saturday, here at RevCon West. It will happen at 9am PST (12 noon EST)
on both days. We'll get back to you with more details tomorrow, but just
thought you would like to know.

Best,

Chipp
Chipp Walters, Altuit.com
Sent from my Sidekick

Re: Live Keynotes from RevCon West

Judy Perry
I have a videocam if it is needed...

We also have our 'Pods and maybe the mic (altho' this is purchaseable,
no?) but have never done 'Podcasts...

Judy

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We're trying to setup a live video stream for both Keynotes, Friday and
> Saturday, here at RevCon West. It will happen at 9am PST (12 noon EST)
> on both days. We'll get back to you with more details tomorrow, but just
> thought you would like to know.
>
> Best,
>
> Chipp
> Chipp Walters, Altuit.com
> Sent from my Sidekick

Re: Live Keynotes from RevCon West

Sarah Reichelt
Why does EVERYTHING happen at 2 am my time!
Ah well, good luck guys.

Yours in sleep-deprivation down-under :-)
Sarah

On 16 Jun 2005, at 4:44 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We're trying to setup a live video stream for both Keynotes, Friday
> and Saturday, here at RevCon West. It will happen at 9am PST (12
> noon EST) on both days. We'll get back to you with more details
> tomorrow, but just thought you would like to know.
>
> Best,
>
> Chipp
> Chipp Walters, Altuit.com
> Sent from my Sidekick

Re: Live Keynotes from RevCon West

Richard Gaskin
Sarah Reichelt wrote:
> Why does EVERYTHING happen at 2 am my time!
> Ah well, good luck guys.
>
> Yours in sleep-deprivation down-under :-)

One more reason to have an AU RevCon. :)

  Fourth World Media Corporation

Re: Live Keynotes from RevCon West

Mark Talluto

On Jun 16, 2005, at 4:12 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> Why does EVERYTHING happen at 2 am my time!
> Ah well, good luck guys.
>
> Yours in sleep-deprivation down-under :-)

Hi Sarah,

Not to worry.  We have decided to record and post the video instead.
I think this will much better in the long run for everyone.  You can
download it when it is convenient for you.  Will try to keep the file
size down as much as possible.  The format will be a QuickTime .mov
file.  I will make it compatible with QT 5 and up.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com

Re: Live Keynotes from RevCon West

Pierre Sahores
Hello the RevConf !

If a free hosting of the revconf videos on an internet 2 QT streaming
server can be welcome, just drop me confirmation off line. If yes, i
can even reencode DVD sources to get the best from the sources.

Best Regards,

Le 17 juin 05, à 15:49, Mark Talluto a écrit :

> On Jun 16, 2005, at 4:12 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:
>
>> Why does EVERYTHING happen at 2 am my time!
>> Ah well, good luck guys.
>>
>> Yours in sleep-deprivation down-under :-)
>

> Hi Sarah,
>
> Not to worry.  We have decided to record and post the video instead.
> I think this will much better in the long run for everyone.  You can
> download it when it is convenient for you.  Will try to keep the file
> size down as much as possible.  The format will be a QuickTime .mov
> file.  I will make it compatible with QT 5 and up.
>

> Mark Talluto
> --
> CANELA Software
> http://www.canelasoftware.com

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores+@+easynet.fr
sc+@+sahores-conseil.com

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

<http://www.sahores-conseil.com/>

WEB/VoD/ACID-DB services over IP
"Mutualiser les deltas de productivité"

Re: Live Keynotes from RevCon West

Sarah Reichelt
> Not to worry.  We have decided to record and post the video
> instead.  I think this will much better in the long run for
> everyone.  You can download it when it is convenient for you.  Will
> try to keep the file size down as much as possible.  The format
> will be a QuickTime .mov file. I will make it compatible with QT 5
> and up.

Thanks Mark,

That was great, many thanks for doing that and making the videos
available to us all. I really enjoyed watching the first keynote and
agree 100% with the points Dan made to the RunRev folk.

So now where is keynote 2? PLEASE don't tell me it contained
something so secret that those of us who couldn't get to RevCon
aren't allowed to see it.

Cheers,
Sarah

On Jun 19, 2005, at 3:48 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

>> Not to worry.  We have decided to record and post the video
>> instead.  I think this will much better in the long run for
>> everyone.  You can download it when it is convenient for you.
>> Will try to keep the file size down as much as possible.  The
>> format will be a QuickTime .mov file. I will make it compatible
>> with QT 5 and up.
>>

> Thanks Mark,
>
> That was great, many thanks for doing that and making the videos
> available to us all. I really enjoyed watching the first keynote
> and agree 100% with the points Dan made to the RunRev folk.
>
> So now where is keynote 2? PLEASE don't tell me it contained
> something so secret that those of us who couldn't get to RevCon
> aren't allowed to see it.

Hi Sarah,

I am still here in Monterey this beautiful Monday morning.  My family
and I will be heading back home today.  I'll post the second keynote
once I return.  I think you will enjoy it as much as the first.  It
is true that things have been said that can not be repeated.  That
portion of the keynote was *not* recorded.  Just the same, the rest
is a must see.

Mark Talluto

On 21 Jun 2005, at 12:12 AM, Mark Talluto wrote:

> I am still here in Monterey this beautiful Monday morning.  My
> family and I will be heading back home today.  I'll post the second
> keynote once I return.  I think you will enjoy it as much as the
> first.  It is true that things have been said that can not be
> repeated.  That portion of the keynote was *not* recorded.  Just
> the same, the rest is a must see.

Hi Mark,

Great, I'm looking forward to it. While it is frustrating that there
are bits we aren't allowed to see, I'll try and think positively
about it and assume it means that something new & wonderful is about
to appear form RunRev :-)

Hopefully, we will get to see some of the other presentations too, or
notes from them?

Sarah

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Sarah Reichelt wrote:
> Hopefully, we will get to see some of the other presentations too, or
> notes from them?

Sarah:

I took some notes for the sessions I attended; Jacque encouraged me to
finish them up and u/l them.

I will when I get the chance (after finishing my first draft of my
'groups' stack).

Judy

On Jun 20, 2005, at 5:10 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Great, I'm looking forward to it. While it is frustrating that
> there are bits we aren't allowed to see, I'll try and think
> positively about it and assume it means that something new &
> wonderful is about to appear form RunRev :-)
>
> Hopefully, we will get to see some of the other presentations too,
> or notes from them?

Hi Sarah,

I am uploading the day two keynote right now.  It is 200 MB in size.
The link is:  <http://www.canelasoftware.com/revcon/keynote2.mov>
Should be done in about 10 minutes of reading this.

Mark Talluto

On Jun 20, 2005, at 5:41 PM, Mark Talluto wrote:

> Hi Sarah,
>
> I am uploading the day two keynote right now.  It is 200 MB in
> size.  The link is:  <http://www.canelasoftware.com/revcon/
> keynote2.mov>  Should be done in about 10 minutes of reading this.
>

> Mark Talluto
> --
> CANELA Software
> http://www.canelasoftware.com