Momentum Scrolling Script

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Really nice script, Jonathan!
Thanks a lot for sharing.

Previously Bernd and many LC Developers
have published similar scripts.

By the way, this script seems to works faster
when users drags upward from Line 20 to Line 1
than dragging downwards from Line 1 to 20

Dragging upwards from Line 20 towards Line 1, always
reach Line 1 (without fail), but dragging downwards
from Line 1 towards Line 20 barely reach Line 15,
(rarely Line 17) but never reach Line 20.

Al

Re: Momentum Scrolling Script

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Are you saying the down scroll has less momentum?

I have no idea why it would do that, but you can increase the momentum overall by changing tRemainingDistance/15 to a lower divisor, like tRemainingDistance/10.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 28, 2017, at 4:23 PM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Al

Re: Momentum Scrolling Script

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I made this change in the script and now
it reversed the behavior.

Probably everyone interested could test
this script on different mobile devices and
computers to confirm this behavior.

Al

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 4:31 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you saying the down scroll has less momentum?
>
> I have no idea why it would do that, but you can increase the momentum
> overall by changing tRemainingDistance/15 to a lower divisor, like
> tRemainingDistance/10.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jun 28, 2017, at 4:23 PM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Al

Re: Momentum Scrolling Script

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Rounding to the nearest whole number could explain the direction bias.

Sent from my iPhone