More OSX Appearance Confusion

Arthur Urban
All my controls appear correctly under OSX, but the window backdrop does
not have that light horizontal striping that is typical of Aqua/Quartz
application windows. Instead it's just plain white. Have I missed a
setting in Rev? Thanx!

Re: More OSX Appearance Confusion

Jan Schenkel
--- Arthur Urban <[hidden email]> wrote:
> All my controls appear correctly under OSX, but the
> window backdrop does
> not have that light horizontal striping that is
> typical of Aqua/Quartz
> application windows. Instead it's just plain white.
> Have I missed a
> setting in Rev? Thanx!

Hi Arthur,

You haven't missed a setting: according to Apple's
Human Interface Guidelines stripes are for dialog
boxes, toolbars and palettes ; documents shouldn't
have stripes.
TopLevel stacks are regarded as documents, so their
default background is white ; however, not all is
lost: you can add stripes through adding a control and
setting its backgroundPattern.
- create a new rectangle graphic
- send it to the back
- set its border to 0
- set its rectangle to (0, 0,stack width, stack
height)
- set its backgroundPattern to 210091 (you can find it
in the 'Standard Icons' set in the Image Library)

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====
"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time."  (La Rochefoucauld)

Re: More OSX Appearance Confusion

xtalkprogrammer
Hello Arthur,

You could make a 16x16 pixels small screenshot of the background
pattern you want and import that as an image control. Then set the
backdrop to the id number of that image. You can also use the numbers
1 to 164 (built-in patterns).

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 1-mei-2006, om 8:07 heeft Arthur Urban het volgende geschreven:

> All my controls appear correctly under OSX, but the window backdrop
> does not have that light horizontal striping that is typical of
> Aqua/Quartz application windows. Instead it's just plain white.
> Have I missed a setting in Rev? Thanx!
Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: More OSX Appearance Confusion

shaosean
modeless stack <stackName>

Re: More OSX Appearance Confusion

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto
At 3:46 AM -0700 5/1/2006, Jan Schenkel wrote:

>--- Arthur Urban <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  All my controls appear correctly under OSX, but the
>>  window backdrop does
>>  not have that light horizontal striping that is
>>  typical of Aqua/Quartz
>  > application windows. Instead it's just plain white.
>
>- create a new rectangle graphic
>- send it to the back
>- set its border to 0
>- set its rectangle to (0, 0,stack width, stack
>height)
>- set its backgroundPattern to 210091 (you can find it
>in the 'Standard Icons' set in the Image Library)

Far easier, though, to simply set the stack's style to "modeless".
Modeless dialog boxes inherit the striped background, but otherwise
behave much like ordinary windows.
--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [hidden email]
http://www.jaedworks.com