Move the Mouse

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Has this been asked before?? I'm trying to set the mouse location to the loc of a particulat button. The mouseLoc is read only. I cannot find a command for doing this! Am I having another senior moment??

Re: Move the Mouse

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
There is the screenMouseLoc, which is the cursor’s location on the whole screen. To move it to be on a button I guess you would add the left and top of the card window, to the x and y position you want to move to.

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 2:36 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Has this been asked before?? I'm trying to set the mouse location to the loc of a particulat button. The mouseLoc is read only. I cannot find a command for doing this! Am I having another senior moment??

Re: Move the Mouse

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Thanks Colin. I discovered that right after I posted (as usual). :-)

I have two buttons, an up and a down button, which move a line in a datagrid up or down respectively, and the buttons reposition themselves to be next to the hilitedLine whenever the datagrid gets a selectionChanged message. I wanted the mousePointer to advance with it so the user can progressively move a line up or down a number of times without having to reposition the mouse!

I got it working just before you posted. <sigh> Thanks.

Bob S