Multiple Monitors ; However, LC IDE want a 0,0,X X working rect.

Multiple Monitors ; However, LC IDE want a 0,0,X X working rect.

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
There on old LED Cinema display that was not worth seeing (slightly dimmed) and I tried hooked it up my may book program on with the 32inch LG curved display, this giving three monitors.
The effective working screenrect(s) are as follows

0,455,3440,1872 # Display 1 the LG
-1680,1463,0,2490 # Display 2, the LED Cinema display
-2560,23,0,1440 # my MacPowerbook

The problem in the arrangement is: if I set the LC IDE to open on any of these, the stacks in my app open where I expect to but

Stack "revNewScriptEditor 1" (SE)

 0,454,1264,1456

So to the Prefs stack, ) revPreferencesGUI
Property Inspector

Fortunately there is a work around. I open script editor. Set the working rect to

0,600,1264,1456 # this get the whole the screen. Then you *must* make change, like add what space, save the editor in it's new location. Had to fiddle the rect of revPreferencesGUI also. Save.

Then quit LC and open in again. It in the new location.

I realize how tricky it would be... perhaps this should be a "resetToNewMonitorSpace" space which wipes the loc the IDE stack and relocates  them in  relation to the rect on the revMenuBar, which appears in the right locations.

 The rect of other stacks could be set to +100 on topLeft. [fake code]

Put rect with revMenuBar to tRelocate
Put (item 1 of tRelocate + 100)  into tLeft
Put( item 1 of tRelocate  +100) into tTop

Repeat [for all stacks x in IDE]
  Set rects of stack [x]
  Set the topLeft for stack [x]  to tLeft,tTop
## offset they don't appear in top of each other
  Add 20 to tLeft
  Add 20 to tTop
End repeat

Brahmanathaswami

Re: Multiple Monitors ; However, LC IDE want a 0,0,X X working rect.

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
I have a development menu which has, among other things a command that simply sets the loc of the top stack to the screenloc. Centers the stack in the monitor.

I also have found it necessary to record the rect and loc of the stack on close so I can restore it on open.

Bob S

> On Jun 15, 2018, at 12:22 , Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There on old LED Cinema display that was not worth seeing (slightly dimmed) and I tried hooked it up my may book program on with the 32inch LG curved display, this giving three monitors.
> The effective working screenrect(s) are as follows
>
> 0,455,3440,1872 # Display 1 the LG
> -1680,1463,0,2490 # Display 2, the LED Cinema display
> -2560,23,0,1440 # my MacPowerbook
>
> The problem in the arrangement is: if I set the LC IDE to open on any of these, the stacks in my app open where I expect to but
>
> Stack "revNewScriptEditor 1" (SE)
>
> 0,454,1264,1456
>
> So to the Prefs stack, ) revPreferencesGUI
> Property Inspector
>
> Fortunately there is a work around. I open script editor. Set the working rect to
>
> 0,600,1264,1456 # this get the whole the screen. Then you *must* make change, like add what space, save the editor in it's new location. Had to fiddle the rect of revPreferencesGUI also. Save.
>
> Then quit LC and open in again. It in the new location.
>
> I realize how tricky it would be... perhaps this should be a "resetToNewMonitorSpace" space which wipes the loc the IDE stack and relocates  them in  relation to the rect on the revMenuBar, which appears in the right locations.
>
> The rect of other stacks could be set to +100 on topLeft. [fake code]
>
> Put rect with revMenuBar to tRelocate
> Put (item 1 of tRelocate + 100)  into tLeft
> Put( item 1 of tRelocate  +100) into tTop
>
> Repeat [for all stacks x in IDE]
>  Set rects of stack [x]
>  Set the topLeft for stack [x]  to tLeft,tTop
> ## offset they don't appear in top of each other
>  Add 20 to tLeft
>  Add 20 to tTop
> End repeat
>
> Brahmanathaswami

Re: Multiple Monitors ; However, LC IDE want a 0,0,X X working rect.

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
I raised the second monitor, then adjusted the arrangement in Mac OSX prefs. It changed everything

I hide to fiddle with

set the  topleft of stack "revMenuBar"  to 0,22
save stack "revMenuBar"

put locations didn’t stick on reboot....

so I wiped ~/Library/RunRev/##preferencesA##

reboot, then it change

We should not need to wipe the preferences just to set up for new  a monitor arrangement

Definitely could use a command for this

BR