Nabble fools one of us

JOHN PATTEN via use-livecode
Hi
I am still seeing the changing authorship of posts on the Nabble view of this list.
Has anyone figured out how to fix this?
Martin

> On 1/13/17 10:27 AM, hh via use-livecode wrote:
> > Just in case somebody of us is wondering why he/she suddenly authored *all*
> > posts of this list since Jan 8 here:
> >
> > http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html>
> >
> > I can't see the logic which author is elected as the "one-for-all", but it's
> > certainly without asking that person and without looking if the person is
> > using Nabble.
> >
> > For a while it was Bob S., currently it's Tiemo.
> > Perhaps the last poster to the list modulo some time shift?
> > Or is it a platform specific "malfunction"?
> >
> > May be it is not Nabble but a changed "delivering" procedure?
>
> It's because Heather changed the From: header in order to stop people
> from getting unsubscribed from the list. That worked. But apparently
> Nabble doesn't read the From: header correctly, or does some other kind
> of processing. I believe the problem is with Nabble, which is
> unfortunate because I often use their archives to search the list.
>
> I don't know who first set up the Nabble account but it would be good if
> someone with authority could see if the problem can be fixed, and also
> change "Revolution" to "LiveCode" in the list name.

Re: Nabble fools one of us

JOHN PATTEN via use-livecode
To quote Jacque,

> It's because Heather changed the From: header in order to stop people
> from getting unsubscribed from the list. That worked. But apparently
> Nabble doesn't read the From: header correctly, or does some other kind
> of processing. I believe the problem is with Nabble, which is
> unfortunate because I often use their archives to search the list.
>
> I don't know who first set up the Nabble account but it would be good if
> someone with authority could see if the problem can be fixed, and also
> change "Revolution" to "LiveCode" in the list name.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay

So, who set up the Nabble account is the question.

Bob S

>> On Feb 13, 2017, at 14:56 , Martin Koob via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> I am still seeing the changing authorship of posts on the Nabble view of this list.
>> Has anyone figured out how to fix this?
>> Martin

Re: Nabble fools one of us

Martin Koob
I cc'd my earlier message to Heather at LiveCode so maybe she can figure it out.

Martin

Re: Nabble fools one of us

JOHN PATTEN via use-livecode
I'm afraid not. Whoever set up the Nabble account it was no-one from LiveCode (or Runrev). I have no influence over this account...

Regards,

Heather

Heather Laine
Customer Services Manager