Naive Question time again

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
When a new version (dp, rc, stable) of LiveCode is released how much of the
change from the previous version resides in the engine and how much in
the IDE
(i.e. the collection of stacks starting with rev associated with the engine?

Re: Naive Question time again

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
I’m not sure that is an easy one to answer in a short email. In GitHub, the
IDE is a sub-project so most of the changes there are separated out. The
dictionary content is in the main repo though as are the extensions
(widgets/libraries). Some things require updates to both projects like the
SVG compiled drawing support. Some things are just fixed on one side.

I’ve not looked back to the beginning of 9 to see how much was split
between the 2 parts though.

Sounds like something interesting to look at though. I’ll see if I can put
anything meaningful together.

On 1/15/18 1:03 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
> When a new version (dp, rc, stable) of LiveCode is released how much of the
> change from the previous version resides in the engine and how much in
> the IDE
> (i.e. the collection of stacks starting with rev associated with the
> engine?

That info is in the Release Notes, bugs and additions to the engine and
IDE are listed in separate sections.

Re: Naive Question time again

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
i'm curious why you need to know that....

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 3:49 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/15/18 1:03 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> When a new version (dp, rc, stable) of LiveCode is released how much of
>> the
>> change from the previous version resides in the engine and how much in
>> the IDE
>> (i.e. the collection of stacks starting with rev associated with the
>> engine?
>>

> That info is in the Release Notes, bugs and additions to the engine and
> IDE are listed in separate sections.

Re: Naive Question time again

Graham Samuel via use-livecode
Because I want to play "silly games" swapping engines around.

Richmond.