Native Android widgets

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Has anyone else tried the native Android button and field widgets? When I
use the field widget, text entered into the field isn't displayed. I
figured out it was placed below the bottom edge, out of view. There isn't a
way to adjust the textheight so I can't make it visible. This is a single
line entry field.

The Android button has a label assigned but it isn't displayed either. The
button is blank.

I'm just checking to see if I need to submit a bug report.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]

Re: Native Android widgets

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Nope, i'm still not using them

Op 28-10-2018 om 18:04 schreef J. Landman Gay via use-livecode:

> Has anyone else tried the native Android button and field widgets?
> When I use the field widget, text entered into the field isn't
> displayed. I figured out it was placed below the bottom edge, out of
> view. There isn't a way to adjust the textheight so I can't make it
> visible. This is a single line entry field.
>
> The Android button has a label assigned but it isn't displayed either.
> The button is blank.
>
> I'm just checking to see if I need to submit a bug report.
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]

Re: Native Android widgets

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
well that answer of me was a bit short.

But i like the answer/ask.

And i'm using a normal field but on top of that i placed an equal size
transparent graphic.

The mouseup goes thru transparent parts which in this case was convenient.

I don't know exactly anymore why i did it, but it prevented some other
issue with the keyboard or something with shifting.

When i recall the exact reason i will tell

Sphere

Op 28-10-2018 om 19:58 schreef JJS via use-livecode:

> Nope, i'm still not using them
>

> Op 28-10-2018 om 18:04 schreef J. Landman Gay via use-livecode:
>> Has anyone else tried the native Android button and field widgets?
>> When I use the field widget, text entered into the field isn't
>> displayed. I figured out it was placed below the bottom edge, out of
>> view. There isn't a way to adjust the textheight so I can't make it
>> visible. This is a single line entry field.
>>
>> The Android button has a label assigned but it isn't displayed
>> either. The button is blank.
>>
>> I'm just checking to see if I need to submit a bug report.
>> --
>> Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]
>> HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Re: Native Android widgets

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
That's for the answer, regardless of length. ;)

The scripted native field still works so I can use that. There is no
replacement for the native button though.