Native Livecode Pinch and Zoom

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
It appears we won't get pinch and zoom in the browser widget on mobile. It's back to using a native LC interface for a big map adventure where the user can zoom into an area and then pinch back out

The use case is still the same: use a "Maha" = enormous/big SVG graphic that looks awesome and sharp at any zoom level

Hopefully, soon LC will support a native display of this.

In the meantime, before I go hacking away from ground zero, trying to trap gestures and changing the rect of the image object on the fly… I would be interested in any example of this that anyone has already done using native LC code.
The zoom of player to degrees is deprecated, and we are not seeing any alternatives in the dictionary.

There is an obscure something that I just found that only works on Mac and windows:

XPDFViewer_Zoom viewerName, {"width" | "fit" | "actual" | "in" | "out" | percent}

The magnify extension is only on desktop

Any hope for us on Mobile for pinch and zoom in and out?

BR

RE: Native Livecode Pinch and Zoom

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
I get pinch-and-zoom on both mobile platforms using the mobile browser control. My html expert has had to tweak a couple of html pages now and again to make it work. Other on-line pages don’t pinch-and-zoom but they also don’t pinch-and-zoom in Safari/Chrome either. I tried the browser widget and it is nice that you can use it in the IDE and Mobile but backed it out because the browser widget is missing "canretreat" property and "retreat" command.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

On Jul 12, 2017, at 8:40 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

[...]

I put together a tutorial for my students on how to implement pinch gestures with images. It is in turn adapted from a LiveCode Ltd tutorial on pinch gestures. It might be a good starting point for your project.

http://livecode.byu.edu/mobile/gesturesExercise.php

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Director
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University

RE: Native Livecode Pinch and Zoom

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hi Ralph,

On 2017-07-12 17:41, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode wrote:
> I get pinch-and-zoom on both mobile platforms using the mobile browser
> control. My html expert has had to tweak a couple of html pages now
> and again to make it work. Other on-line pages don’t pinch-and-zoom
> but they also don’t pinch-and-zoom in Safari/Chrome either. I tried
> the browser widget and it is nice that you can use it in the IDE and
> Mobile but backed it out because the browser widget is missing
> "canretreat" property and "retreat" command.

Could you file a bug about this? (And any differences in parity between
widget and mobileControl, for that matter!).

IIRC we added:

   go forward in widget ...

To navigate forward / back (so the retreat command is at least catered
for I think). There's also:

   do ... in widget ... (although this was a horrendous mistake
syntactically which we are now realizing!)
   launch url ... in widget ...

If you put 'widget' into the LiveCodeScript section of the dictionary
then you'll see the widget specific tailorings of normal LiveCode Script
syntax.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

Re: Native Livecode Pinch and Zoom

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Should we also consider adding aomething like a "zoomable" property for
images?

Sure, we can do it in script, but it's non-trivial and most get it
wrong, e.g.:
<http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/11509-how-do-i-implement-a-multi-touch-pinch-motion>

..where the zoom is based around the centerpoint of the image rather
than the touch location.  That makes it impossible to zoom in to see
details in a corner of an image, for example.

There are improved versions in the forums, but given the widespread use
of pinch-to-zoom and and efforts underway to expand the user base to
better meet new user expectations, would it be possible to turn that
work into a property setting?

Interactive wipe transitions would also be valuable, arguably more so,
but I recognize that's a more complicated matter and I'm already
straying OT here....

Re: Native Livecode Pinch and Zoom

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
@ Ralph

as we say in HawaiI

"Oh! Ho!" What is this:

"    >I get pinch-and-zoom on both mobile platforms using the mobile browser
    >control. My html expert has had to tweak a couple of html pages now
    >and again to make it work.

Can you ask him what the secret is?  Pleeze!

@ Richard: Requesting engine level "zoomable" is not OT at all. It's mission critical on small devices and would take LC apps to on phones to whole "'nother" level.

There is AnimationEngine also, that can be leveraged to some extent for this same purpose. but you have get some math going on …so, right "non-trivial"

It would be great if it were easier.

BR

    Hi Ralph,

    On 2017-07-12 17:41, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode wrote:
    >I get pinch-and-zoom on both mobile platforms using the mobile browser
    >control. My html expert has had to tweak a couple of html pages now
    >and again to make it work. Other on-line pages don’t pinch-and-zoom
    >but they also don’t pinch-and-zoom in Safari/Chrome either. I tried
    >the browser widget and it is nice that you can use it in the IDE and
    >Mobile but backed it out because the browser widget is missing
    >"canretreat" property and "retreat" command.

    Could you file a bug about this? (And any differences in parity between
    widget and mobileControl, for that matter!).

    IIRC we added:

       go forward in widget ...

    To navigate forward / back (so the retreat command is at least catered
    for I think). There's also:

       do ... in widget ... (although this was a horrendous mistake
    syntactically which we are now realizing!)
       launch url ... in widget ...

    If you put 'widget' into the LiveCodeScript section of the dictionary
    then you'll see the widget specific tailorings of normal LiveCode Script
    syntax.

    Warmest Regards,

    Mark.

RE: Native Livecode Pinch and Zoom

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
I believe it was by setting the initial zoom, I sent him an email and will forward the info when he responds.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]
Phone: 518-636-3998 Ex:11

    On 2017-07-12 17:41, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode wrote:
    >I get pinch-and-zoom on both mobile platforms using the mobile browser
    >control. My html expert has had to tweak a couple of html pages now
    >and again to make it work. Other on-line pages don’t pinch-and-zoom
    >but they also don’t pinch-and-zoom in Safari/Chrome either. I tried
    >the browser widget and it is nice that you can use it in the IDE and
    >Mobile but backed it out because the browser widget is missing
    >"canretreat" property and "retreat" command.

    Could you file a bug about this? (And any differences in parity between
    widget and mobileControl, for that matter!).

    IIRC we added:

       go forward in widget ...

    To navigate forward / back (so the retreat command is at least catered
    for I think). There's also:

       do ... in widget ... (although this was a horrendous mistake
    syntactically which we are now realizing!)
       launch url ... in widget ...

    If you put 'widget' into the LiveCodeScript section of the dictionary
    then you'll see the widget specific tailorings of normal LiveCode Script
    syntax.

    Warmest Regards,

    Mark.

RE: Native Livecode Pinch and Zoom

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
BR,

We got “Pinch-and-zoom” to work by adding a viewport  meta-tag into the head of our html files:

Hope this helps...