Navigator Update

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Navigator has been updated to include:

 -- Filtering in the Stack List (both using the filter field, and the more
robust filter command).
 -- A fix for an issue where editing properties could show the editor in
HTMLtext mode, meaning that properties would be set incorrectly.
 -- A new Save All command when right-clicking on stacks, which saves the
stack itself and all the stackfile files referenced by the stack. NOTE:
this will not save any stackfiles referenced in substacks of a mainstack.
Should it?
 -- A new command Open in New Navigator when right-clicking on any set of
containers: groups, cards, or stacks -- which will open all of the
containers, each in their own copy of Navigator.
 -- I've also started work preparing to reduce the number of global
variables Navigator uses. If you check, you'll see that Navigator uses
global variables prefixed gSB, which stands for "Script Buddy," which was
Navigator's name when it was first started out *way* back when. Those
globals are going down, someday...

You can get Navigator here
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/kz3zqi4botzglgq/navigator.zip?dl=1>. Or get it
from GitHub: Navigator's GitHub page <https://github.com/gcanyon/navigator>

Re: Navigator Update

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
> On Feb 24, 2018, at 11:23 AM, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> -- A new command Open in New Navigator when right-clicking on any set of
> containers: groups, cards, or stacks -- which will open all of the
> containers, each in their own copy of Navigator.

Hi Geoff,

If I use this feature on a group, I get a replica of the original Navigator window. Am I supposed to see just the group and its controls in the new Navigator window?

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io <http://livecloud.io/>
nursenotes.net <http://nursenotes.net/>
canelasoftware.com <http://www.canelasoftware.com/>

Re: Navigator Update

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Yep, you should be able to select any combination of stacks, cards, and
groups, then select Open in New Navigator and get a new Navigator for each
one of them, showing the controls for them. If some aspect of the targeting
process fails, it does so silently because Navigator has the "rev" prefix
and skips debugging. Also, as it turns out (I spent a few minutes between
sentences looking at this) I made a mistake in parsing targets into
globals. It's fixed in my local copy. I'm going to look at the other thing
you sent in, and then post an update in a bit.

gc

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 2:00 PM, Mark Talluto via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On Feb 24, 2018, at 11:23 AM, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > -- A new command Open in New Navigator when right-clicking on any set of
> > containers: groups, cards, or stacks -- which will open all of the
> > containers, each in their own copy of Navigator.
>
> Hi Geoff,
>
> If I use this feature on a group, I get a replica of the original
> Navigator window. Am I supposed to see just the group and its controls in
> the new Navigator window?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Talluto
> livecloud.io <http://livecloud.io/>
> nursenotes.net <http://nursenotes.net/>
> canelasoftware.com <http://www.canelasoftware.com/>

Re: Navigator Update

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Fixed. It's up on GitHub and at the download.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 3:55 PM, Geoff Canyon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yep, you should be able to select any combination of stacks, cards, and
> groups, then select Open in New Navigator and get a new Navigator for each
> one of them, showing the controls for them. If some aspect of the targeting
> process fails, it does so silently because Navigator has the "rev" prefix
> and skips debugging. Also, as it turns out (I spent a few minutes between
> sentences looking at this) I made a mistake in parsing targets into
> globals. It's fixed in my local copy. I'm going to look at the other thing
> you sent in, and then post an update in a bit.
>
> gc
>
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 2:00 PM, Mark Talluto via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> > On Feb 24, 2018, at 11:23 AM, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > -- A new command Open in New Navigator when right-clicking on any set of
>> > containers: groups, cards, or stacks -- which will open all of the
>> > containers, each in their own copy of Navigator.
>>
>> Hi Geoff,
>>
>> If I use this feature on a group, I get a replica of the original
>> Navigator window. Am I supposed to see just the group and its controls in
>> the new Navigator window?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Mark Talluto
>> livecloud.io <http://livecloud.io/>
>> nursenotes.net <http://nursenotes.net/>
>> canelasoftware.com <http://www.canelasoftware.com/>

Re: Navigator Update

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Tested. Working. Thx.

Mark Talluto

> On Feb 27, 2018, at 4:27 PM, Geoff Canyon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Fixed. It's up on GitHub and at the download.
>
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 3:55 PM, Geoff Canyon <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> Yep, you should be able to select any combination of stacks, cards, and groups, then select Open in New Navigator and get a new Navigator for each one of them, showing the controls for them. If some aspect of the targeting process fails, it does so silently because Navigator has the "rev" prefix and skips debugging. Also, as it turns out (I spent a few minutes between sentences looking at this) I made a mistake in parsing targets into globals. It's fixed in my local copy. I'm going to look at the other thing you sent in, and then post an update in a bit.
>
> gc
>
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 2:00 PM, Mark Talluto via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> > On Feb 24, 2018, at 11:23 AM, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >
> > -- A new command Open in New Navigator when right-clicking on any set of
> > containers: groups, cards, or stacks -- which will open all of the
> > containers, each in their own copy of Navigator.
>
> Hi Geoff,
>
> If I use this feature on a group, I get a replica of the original Navigator window. Am I supposed to see just the group and its controls in the new Navigator window?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Talluto
> livecloud.io <http://livecloud.io/> <http://livecloud.io/ <http://livecloud.io/>>
> nursenotes.net <http://nursenotes.net/> <http://nursenotes.net/ <http://nursenotes.net/>>
> canelasoftware.com <http://canelasoftware.com/> <http://www.canelasoftware.com/ <http://www.canelasoftware.com/>>

Re: Navigator Update

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I just installed this and it looks to be really handy! Do you have a Paypal presence?

Bob S

> On Feb 27, 2018, at 16:27 , Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Fixed. It's up on GitHub and at the download.

Re: Navigator Update

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
My wife does: [hidden email]. I'm glad it's useful to you!

gc