Nested Datagrid Hack Broke App Building

Trevor DeVore via use-livecode
Looks like the hack I have in place for nesting datagrid behaviors has effectively broken the standalone app builder for my app. I can't use a prior version because all my datagrid behavoirs throughout my app are nested. I can't just use the community version of Livecode and have my technicians run the app in the IDE, because I would have to ALSO hack those version for nested datagrids.

Does anyone know if nested datagrid behaviors made it into 9.0.1?

Re: Nested Datagrid Hack Broke App Building

Trevor DeVore via use-livecode
Never mind. Looks like this little bad boy is the problem. I put this in my openStack handler, forgetting that I initialize EVERYTHING in the openStack handler, so none of my libraries were loading.

   -- skip if building a standalone
   if the environment is "development" AND \
         there is a stack "revStandaloneProgress" AND \
         the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0 then
      exit openStack
   end if

GAKK!
Bob S

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 15:55 , Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Looks like the hack I have in place for nesting datagrid behaviors has effectively broken the standalone app builder for my app. I can't use a prior version because all my datagrid behavoirs throughout my app are nested. I can't just use the community version of Livecode and have my technicians run the app in the IDE, because I would have to ALSO hack those version for nested datagrids.
>
> Does anyone know if nested datagrid behaviors made it into 9.0.1?

Re: Nested Datagrid Hack Broke App Building

Trevor DeVore via use-livecode
https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/pull/1987

It has not been reviewed or merged yet. I wouldn’t expect it before 9.1 since it is kind of an enhancement though.

Did you just edit the behavior in the IDE? I’ll test out my code in 9.0.1 and let you know what I find out.

Thanks,
Brian
On Oct 1, 2018, 6:55 PM -0400, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]>, wrote:

> Looks like the hack I have in place for nesting datagrid behaviors has effectively broken the standalone app builder for my app. I can't use a prior version because all my datagrid behavoirs throughout my app are nested. I can't just use the community version of Livecode and have my technicians run the app in the IDE, because I would have to ALSO hack those version for nested datagrids.
>
> Does anyone know if nested datagrid behaviors made it into 9.0.1?

Re: Nested Datagrid Hack Broke App Building

Trevor DeVore via use-livecode
No it was the code I put in the openStack handler to exit openStack if building an app. Unfortunately, I initialize several libraries after that point. It will probably work if I put the code just after initializing the libs and before launching my modal login stack, which was the problem I was trying to solve in the first place.

Bob S