New Apple iPad & Chipset

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Hi All,

Well, school districts around the United States are starting to get things going for new school year… and many will have new iPads… I just received this info from one district today… Has anyone else seen issues with LC apps downloading or running on the newest iPads? I don’t have one, but just ordered one to do some checking.

==================
From the IT Operations Manager:
I recently tired to install 10 Frame Fill on our new fleet of iPads running iOS 11.4.1 and the app keeps failing to install.  I'm using an MDM with VPP licensing.   Is 10 Frame Fill compatible with this new iOS?
==================
I followed up with a couple questions and asked for a bit more detail… he replied:
OK.  Apples hardware upgrades with 3rd party apps are becoming finicky.  My new devices are Model MR7J2LL/A  with the new apple pencil functionality and a new 64bit chipset.   I may try to recommend using one of your other apps if they work with this device.   If you make any modification to your iOS apps,  will the new app upgrades automatically install themselves are would I have to reinstall the/ newest version of the app?

Re: New Apple iPad & Chipset

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
I have a new iPad and it works for me from the normal App Store. I have the same model as below and am at 11.4.1.
On Aug 2, 2018, 2:56 PM -0500, Randy Hengst via use-livecode <[hidden email]>, wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Well, school districts around the United States are starting to get things going for new school year… and many will have new iPads… I just received this info from one district today… Has anyone else seen issues with LC apps downloading or running on the newest iPads? I don’t have one, but just ordered one to do some checking.
>
> ==================
> From the IT Operations Manager:
> I recently tired to install 10 Frame Fill on our new fleet of iPads running iOS 11.4.1 and the app keeps failing to install. I'm using an MDM with VPP licensing. Is 10 Frame Fill compatible with this new iOS?
> I followed up with a couple questions and asked for a bit more detail… he replied:
> OK. Apples hardware upgrades with 3rd party apps are becoming finicky. My new devices are Model MR7J2LL/A with the new apple pencil functionality and a new 64bit chipset. I may try to recommend using one of your other apps if they work with this device. If you make any modification to your iOS apps, will the new app upgrades automatically install themselves are would I have to reinstall the/ newest version of the app?

Re: New Apple iPad & Chipset

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
That’s good to hear, Brian. Did you download the 10 Frame Fill app?

be well,
randy
www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com