New Coding Challenge added

AndyP
I've added a new question to the LiveCode coding challenge section of my site.

Determine Pi from an image of a circle

http://2108.co.uk/questions/

There has been 1 partial solution to the previous question

Primes between 20 and 700

Anyone feel up to improving on the current solution?
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder. http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode

Re: New Coding Challenge added

Alex Tweedly
I've tried signing up, and have become bored waiting for my registration
email.

Here's my answer ....

> on mouseUp
>    local tInput
>    put fld "FieldIn" into tInput
>    if the number of words in tInput <> 2 or \
>          word 1 of tInput is not a number or \
>          word 2 of tInput is not a number then
>       ask "must give 2 numbers"
>       exit mouseUp
>    end if
>
>    local  tAPrime, tANonPrime
>
>    repeat with i = 2 to word 2 of tInput
>       if tANonPrime[i] then next repeat
>       if i >= word 1 of tInput then put true into tAPrime[i]
>       repeat with j = i+i to word 2 of tInput step i
>          put true into tANonPrime[j]
>       end repeat
>    end repeat
>
>    local tt
>    put "The number of primes between" && tInput && "is" && the number
> of lines in the keys of tAPrime & CR into fld "F"
>    put the keys of tAPrime  into tt
>    sort lines of tt numeric
>
>    put "and they are" & CR & tt after fld "F"
>

> end mouseUp
Alex

On 06/09/2015 20:42, AndyP wrote:

> I've added a new question to the LiveCode coding challenge section of my
> site.
>
> Determine Pi from an image of a circle
>
> http://2108.co.uk/questions/ <http://2108.co.uk/questions/>
>
> There has been 1 partial solution to the previous question
>
> Primes between 20 and 700
>
> Anyone feel up to improving on the current solution?
>

> -----
> Andy Piddock
>

> My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
>
> Copy the new cloud space, get your free 15GB space now:
> Get Copy
>

> Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk
>
> PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
> http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode

Re: New Coding Challenge added

AndyP
Hi Alex,

I see you managed to post your answer.. thank you.

Did you get the subscription email or did you have to go to go through the forgotten password routine?
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder. http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode

Re: New Coding Challenge added

Alex Tweedly
Hi Andy,

yeah, I did eventually get the email. It was (apparently) generated
immediately, but queued for 20 minutes before being delivered from your
server to my server - but I can't tell whether it was a problem on your
sage.on-rev.com or on my end (or between).

But - done now, I can try the other challenges whenever I have time :-)

Thanks
Alex.

On 07/09/2015 21:14, AndyP wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I see you managed to post your answer.. thank you.
>
> Did you get the subscription email or did you have to go to go through the
> forgotten password routine?
>

> -----
> Andy Piddock
>

> My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
>
> Copy the new cloud space, get your free 15GB space now:
> Get Copy
>

> Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk
>
> PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
> http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode

Re: New Coding Challenge added

PystCat
Hmmmm... I am on sage and was having a problem sending mail.  Send one to another email address you have access to and see if there is a problem.  If so, let them know... They fixed mine right away.

Paul