OAuth

xtalkprogrammer

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

New: Download the Installer Maker Plugin 1.5 for LiveCode here http://qurl.tk/ce

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: OAuth

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 12/14/2010 08:48 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Hi,

This is, unfortunately, about par for the course; cf. my RunRev learning
bloggy thing I started
about 5 years ago; only Judy Perry (as far as I recall) was good enough
to contribute anything.

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

RE: OAuth

Walt Brown
I'm still trying to read all the OAuth stuff already available (among all my
other time sinks), and didn't have anything to contribute yet.
Walt

On 12/14/2010 08:48 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I put up the website at http://devwiki.runrev.info because several members
on this mailing list expressed an interest in OAuth. Now that the website is
on-line, nobody contributes. For this reason, I will take the website down
before the end of the year, unless contributions are made.

This is, unfortunately, about par for the course; cf. my RunRev learning
bloggy thing I started about 5 years ago; only Judy Perry (as far as I
recall) was good enough to contribute anything.

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

RE: OAuth

Walt Brown
Mark,
I tried, but when I clicked "Click here to edit this menu" it sent me back
to the How It Works page. I didn't see how to either create a new page or
edit existing ones.
Thanks,
Walt

Re: OAuth

Alejandro Tejada
Hi Richmond,

My top item in wish list for this Development platform
is a Librarian who could write code. Just one.

"A librarian is an information professional trained in library
and information science, which is the organization and
management of information services or materials for
those with information needs."
(From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Librarian)

Many times, I see many interesting works
posted in this mail list or personal pages
that merits more attention and discussion.

For example, works that I would like to learn
more from their creators are: (from years ago)
Database library posted by Rob cozens
created enterily in this Development language,
the math library named "JonesLib",
Geoff Canyon vector's game,
Eva Isotalo's game Jump,
and many recent work.

Interviews with further explanations, code
analysis and readers comments could have
been useful to raise awareness for these
works and many others.

Of course, "in theory", we could figure it out all
we want to know about any stack, just reading
their code, but what is the fun of that? :-D

Besides, too many stacks, libraries and applications
are the result of many days (or weeks) of hard work
and figuring their methods and algorithms are not
as easy as some want us to believe...

Al

Crash the IDE Easter Egg

Walt Brown
I have entered bug 9245 for this for 4.5.2 on x64 Vista. If anyone has the
bandwidth (its very fast to check) is this repeatable in other environments?
Thanks, Walt

1. Go into menu -> Edit -> Preferences.
2. Select Files & Memory
3. Click on the ellipsis button after User Extensions
4. Hit Cancel in the popup window
5. Select any other category of Preferences

This crashes the IDE every time and has been 100% repeatable.

Re: OAuth

Thomas McGrath III-3
Same here. Good links.

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
[hidden email]

On Dec 14, 2010, at 2:27 PM, Walt Brown wrote:

> I'm still trying to read all the OAuth stuff already available (among all my
> other time sinks), and didn't have anything to contribute yet.
> Walt

Re: Crash the IDE Easter Egg

Warren Samples
On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 06:35 -0500, Walt Brown wrote:

> I have entered bug 9245 for this for 4.5.2 on x64 Vista. If anyone has
> the
> bandwidth (its very fast to check) is this repeatable in other
> environments?
> Thanks, Walt
>
> 1. Go into menu -> Edit -> Preferences.
> 2. Select Files & Memory
> 3. Click on the ellipsis button after User Extensions
> 4. Hit Cancel in the popup window
> 5. Select any other category of Preferences
>
> This crashes the IDE every time and has been 100% repeatable.

Hi Walt,

This crash, using the steps given, doesn't happen here in 4.5.2 under
Linux, or Windows 7 (64bit) or OS X.

Warren Samples

Re: Crash the IDE Easter Egg

Jan Schenkel
--- On Wed, 12/15/10, Walt Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have entered bug 9245 for this for
> 4.5.2 on x64 Vista. If anyone has the
> bandwidth (its very fast to check) is this repeatable in
> other environments?
> Thanks, Walt
>
> 1. Go into menu -> Edit -> Preferences.
> 2. Select Files & Memory
> 3. Click on the ellipsis button after User Extensions
> 4. Hit Cancel in the popup window
> 5. Select any other category of Preferences
>
> This crashes the IDE every time and has been 100%
> repeatable.

Works for me on Windows 7 - maybe your preferences file is somehow corrupted?

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====
"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time."  (La Rochefoucauld)

RE: Crash the IDE Easter Egg

Walt Brown
Great, thanks. I'll add it to the report.

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 06:35 -0500, Walt Brown wrote:

> I have entered bug 9245 for this for 4.5.2 on x64 Vista. If anyone has
> the bandwidth (its very fast to check) is this repeatable in other
> environments?
> Thanks, Walt
>
> 1. Go into menu -> Edit -> Preferences.
> 2. Select Files & Memory
> 3. Click on the ellipsis button after User Extensions 4. Hit Cancel in
> the popup window 5. Select any other category of Preferences
>
> This crashes the IDE every time and has been 100% repeatable.

Hi Walt,

This crash, using the steps given, doesn't happen here in 4.5.2 under Linux,
or Windows 7 (64bit) or OS X.

Warren Samples

RE: Crash the IDE Easter Egg

Walt Brown
I'll reset to defaults and see what happens. Thanks.

--- On Wed, 12/15/10, Walt Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have entered bug 9245 for this for
> 4.5.2 on x64 Vista. If anyone has the
> bandwidth (its very fast to check) is this repeatable in other
> environments?
> Thanks, Walt
>
> 1. Go into menu -> Edit -> Preferences.
> 2. Select Files & Memory
> 3. Click on the ellipsis button after User Extensions 4. Hit Cancel in
> the popup window 5. Select any other category of Preferences
>
> This crashes the IDE every time and has been 100% repeatable.

Works for me on Windows 7 - maybe your preferences file is somehow
corrupted?

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode www.quartam.com

=====
"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time."
(La Rochefoucauld)

RE: Crash the IDE Easter Egg

Walt Brown
That was it, I think. I reset to default preferences, re-entered my
preferences, and it went away. I'll note that, thanks.