OT:ANN:WTF:WOAH Factor

MisterX
Hi fractal lovers

i've still to find the recursive quantic xor funktion to make an easy and
fast mandelbrot in rev however i have made 11 more fractal/moire types for
my moire engine MoireX Vol3 since first release...

if there is any interest, i will post it via monsieurx.com if not, i will
post it in the near temporal spaceline when i complete 15-25 different types
of moire fractals... the lack of feedback makes me really not happy to
release it... As if no one appreciates these nice demos...

The reason i hold here as ransom for more is that if there is any interest,
we could generate a few hundred more and chart this region of
chromatographic space over polar and rectangular coordinates. It is a study
in quantic chromas which is a region of math-space that is defined as visual
candy out of macro-astronomic and subatomic stat spaces... IOWs, it's
something real despite the fact that we dont know what it represents ;)

Im missing one piece though... how to animate the palettes... If there's any
ideas, we could have something even cooler than toasted bread colored
screens... Anyone remember the old MacOS screensaver? Even AfterDark didn't
come close to it...

http://www.jbum.com/pixmagic/gallogic.html (if you look hard you will also
find code for 2 wheel spyrographs).

was the source of inspiration that led me to the actual fractal/moire i was
trying to generate with the rev contest 10 line script - and i wasn't far
although that's debatable... And now, im 11 steps ahead with a smoother
color engine without changing the drawing code at all! I never thought i'd
do such cool gradients - but i still haven't tought of making button
gradients to compete with Chipp's great buttons ;)

Remember, with GradientNO2 you can make gradient colored flat 3D buttons ;)
This makes N-Dimentional color interpretation possible! colorblind people
could find a universal translator application here. it's not such a wild and
dumb theory you know!

What's next? 3D convoluted temporal distortions in subspace and quantum
dimensions in color gradients ;) So where's the subspace functions in rev ?
:) Computer, activate Emergency Logic Program...

I dont know what it is but more than fertile imagination does ;)

So if you like this stuff, let me know and I will post the "upgrade" for
on-going-online-development activities!

this is more fun than GTR... Well, almost... Driving me on the edge is not
that easy ;)

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com

Re: OT:ANN:WTF:WOAH Factor

capellan
Hi Xavier!

on Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:55:00 +0200
Xavier wrote:

> i have made 11 more
> fractal/moire types for
> my moire engine MoireX Vol3 since first release...
> if there is any interest, i will post it via
> monsieurx.com

Of course that there is interest to
see your work. :-)

> the lack of feedback makes me
> really not happy to
> release it... As if no one appreciates these nice
> demos...

Oh! i think that many developers in this list
had this perception in one moment or another, but
the people here is not indifferent, just busy... ;-)

> The reason i hold here as ransom for more is that if
> there is any interest, we could generate a few
> hundred more and chart this region of
> chromatographic space over polar and rectangular
> coordinates.

Did you noticed that this statement somehow
compromises the already busy schedule of
other developers? :-(
Or i read this wrong? :-)

> So if you like this stuff, let me know and I will
> post the "upgrade" for on-going-online-development
> activities!

i like math and graphics, but could not take
time away from other projects... :-(

If nobody else respond, Would you post
the stack anyway? ;-)

Have a nice weekend

al

Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/

RE: OT:ANN:WTF:WOAH Factor

MisterX
Hi Al,

Well, i only wanted to share some of the fun stuff - but the appreciation
meter for the first release of this stack was zero so... I needed to know ;)

It's available in RevOnline under MonsieurX - named MoireX Volume 3

Only types 1-12 work so far... The button is out of place but only
temporarily. Creating your own should be quite easy, edit the gear button
and look for a bit switch statement...

The coloring is based on the spacial coordinates. Number 11 is a big
classic...

cheers
Xavier

Every morning, something new happens...

bonus step 13...
Even more total eye candy...

Reminds me of flowfazer ;)

case 13
put Distance(x,y,cdw2,cdh2) * xsteps/ysteps into r
put atan2(x,y) into a
get int( (a bitxor r) mod item 1 of ColorPoint), \
    int( (a bitxor r) mod item 2 of ColorPoint), \
    int( (a bitxor r) mod item 3 of ColorPoint) break

this is the nicest so far... total interferometry, pond ripples and woah
factor to the max! best seen with squared patterns, variable border and
X=>100..500...

enjoy
Xavier

even more amazing

case 16
put Distance3d(x,y,cdw2,cdh2,0,r) into r
put atan2(x,y) into a
get (x bitxor r) mod item 1 of ColorPoint, \
    (y bitxor r) mod item 2 of ColorPoint,
    (x*y bitxor a) mod item 3 of ColorPoint

[yes, i'll update this very soon on the web!]

we're talking about 3D chromatic interferometry now based on the xy and
polar center with the radius being factored as the 3rd dimention of the R
wave.

This combines 3 of the forms used in styles 1-15 which are the XOR
checkerboard, the moire function (style 1) and the polar ripples!

im having a mind pangalactic gargleblaster class blast with this!!!

now, a bit of optimization (got a great idea) and an option to "scale" the
chromatic space into a wave function of its own...

cheers
Xavier

Chipp Walters
OMG, WTF, AOL!! ROLF <G>
X,

I'm thinking adding an inverse chromatigadget combined with a single
instance of gaussian uranus gofaster could make for even more fabutastic
imagidisplay.

:-)

-chipp

ANN: MoireXVolume3 2.0 beta

MisterX
hey, you're welcome to join the paradimensional scripting challenge :)
but what does uranus have to do here? ;)

I've already converted the graphics to image rendering instead of creating a
zillion graphics... big improvement!

Added color variance too.

I've updated the file on MonsieurX and removed the one from RevOnline (just
impossible to upload stuff to it - 50 tries and still can't grab a
socket!)...

Other than the missing help for the 2.0 features and the latent 1.0 tag on
the about box, if no one sees any errors... here the near final show...

I left a nice render that took quite a while to do at 500 points...

Download is here
http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=189
around 200KBs

cheers
Xav

Lack of Feedback [was: OT:ANN:WTF:WOAH Factor]

Eric Chatonet
Hi Xavier,

Le 30 juil. 05 à 20:55, MisterX a écrit :

> the lack of feedback makes me really not happy to
> release it...

So I'm going to tell you a tiny story:
Since last February when I open my website, I can count downloads:

. 1912 plugins
. 1571 tutorials
. 194 "patch" stacks
. 363 HC packs

How many feedback mails?
My fingers are enough to count them.
So, take heart!
Lack of feedback (even if it would be welcome: we all need to have
our heart warmed :-) don't mean anything...

I *love* your maverick mind: keep going!
You are much more useful to this community than you seem to think.
Some bring coding solutions, you bring the spirit.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software