OT: Apple Alumni Reunion?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Just curious: anyone else here thinking about going to the Apple Alumni
Reunion in May?

Re: OT: Apple Alumni Reunion?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I have a ticket. Didn’t yet figure out where I will stay, but I have a plane ticket too.

For anyone completely puzzled, it’s an Apple reunion where it’s only open to employees from the first 10 years, roughly speaking. The cut off is 1988. I worked at Apple Computer UK from October 1987 to end of Jan 1992, so I got an invite. It isn’t cheap, $100 per ticket. Also, guests are currently not allowed until they see what the attendance figures are like. Jim Armstrong says they will have a better idea in mid-March.

Re: OT: Apple Alumni Reunion?

On 2/17/20 7:37 PM, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
> I have a ticket. Didn’t yet figure out where I will stay, but I have a plane ticket too.
>
> For anyone completely puzzled, it’s an Apple reunion where it’s only open to employees from the first 10 years, roughly speaking. The cut off is 1988. I worked at Apple Computer UK from October 1987 to end of Jan 1992, so I got an invite. It isn’t cheap, $100 per ticket. Also, guests are currently not allowed until they see what the attendance figures are like. Jim Armstrong says they will have a better idea in mid-March.

Yeah, I'm holding off a bit until they figure out the plus-ones, and I
realize that skews the ticketing dynamics a bit. Most of my folks have
dispersed, but some are still around, and it's been decades now, so I'm
seeing who I can round up.

Re: OT: Apple Alumni Reunion?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Larry Tesler is one of the people in the photo on the event info page:

https://applereunion2020.com/event

Alas, we won’t be seeing him:

https://www.cultofmac.com/685669/larry-tesler-the-apple-employee-who-invented-cut-copy-paste-dies-at-74

Re: OT: Apple Alumni Reunion?

On 2/19/20 6:58 AM, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
> Larry Tesler is one of the people in the photo on the event info page:
>
> https://applereunion2020.com/event
>
> Alas, we won’t be seeing him:
>
> https://www.cultofmac.com/685669/larry-tesler-the-apple-employee-who-invented-cut-copy-paste-dies-at-74

Bummer. Larry Tesler was practically synonymous with ATG.