[OT] Fixing Data and Resource Fork of Macintosh files

[OT] Fixing Data and Resource Fork of Macintosh files

Alejandro Tejada
Hi All,

This question is for LiveCode MacOSX developers:

Have you fixed a Macintosh file with a
broken Data Fork and Resource Fork?

According to this webpage, there is a Mac OSX
command line utility named “FixUpResourceForks”
that could fix a broken Macintosh file:
http://macstuff.beachdogs.org/blog/?p=11

Just for curiosity, Could you test this command line utility
“FixUpResourceForks” with files of the zipped file
"the_analytical_engine.zip" (881k) that you could
download from this forum thread:

Many, many thanks in advance!

Alejandro

Re: [OT] Fixing Data and Resource Fork of Macintosh files

Wprothero
I didn't think Mac had resource and data forks after it went to Intel processors.

Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org

> On Oct 1, 2016, at 6:41 PM, Alejandro Tejada <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> This question is for LiveCode MacOSX developers:
>
> Have you fixed a Macintosh file with a
> broken Data Fork and Resource Fork?
>
> According to this webpage, there is a Mac OSX
> command line utility named “FixUpResourceForks”
> that could fix a broken Macintosh file:
> http://macstuff.beachdogs.org/blog/?p=11
>
> Just for curiosity, Could you test this command line utility
> “FixUpResourceForks” with files of the zipped file
> "the_analytical_engine.zip" (881k) that you could
> download from this forum thread:
> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26101
>
> Many, many thanks in advance!
>
> Alejandro

Http://es.earthednet.org

Re: [OT] Fixing Data and Resource Fork of Macintosh files

Stephen Barncard-4
It's a 15 year old HC stack.

--
Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org

Re: [OT] Fixing Data and Resource Fork of Macintosh files

Alejandro Tejada
If you could test this command line MacOSX utility
please try first with this folder (that contains two files)
and post back the result as a compressed file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5c4c5ahbuttzx4x/AE_SEA.zip?dl=0

Many, many thanks in advance!

Alejandro

Stephen Barncard wrote: