OT: How *not* to run a marketing campaign

OT: How *not* to run a marketing campaign

mwieder
Quite the read:

http://penny-arcade.com/resources/just-wow1.html

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: OT: How *not* to run a marketing campaign

Chipp Walters-2
Too good! Thanks for sharing... Turns out the idiot is now out a job.

Chipp Walters
CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc

On Dec 27, 2011, at 5:24 PM, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Quite the read:
>
> http://penny-arcade.com/resources/just-wow1.html
>
> --
> Mark Wieder

Re: OT: How *not* to run a marketing campaign

Andre Garzia-3
irgh!!!!

Folks, I am amazed how low people can get on the internet.

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Chipp Walters <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Too good! Thanks for sharing... Turns out the idiot is now out a job.
>
> Chipp Walters
> CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc
>
> On Dec 27, 2011, at 5:24 PM, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Quite the read:
> >
> > http://penny-arcade.com/resources/just-wow1.html
> >
> > --
> > Mark Wieder

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: OT: How *not* to run a marketing campaign

slylabs13
Try reading a mouthy 12 year old tell you how much smarter he is than you, and how he can kick your ass in RL in a game chat buffer. LOL! Anonymity has created a generation of monsters!

Bob

On Dec 30, 2011, at 5:18 AM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> irgh!!!!
>
> Folks, I am amazed how low people can get on the internet.
>
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Chipp Walters <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Too good! Thanks for sharing... Turns out the idiot is now out a job.
>>
>> Chipp Walters
>> CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc
>>
>> On Dec 27, 2011, at 5:24 PM, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Quite the read:
>>>
>>> http://penny-arcade.com/resources/just-wow1.html
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mark Wieder

> http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
> http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.

Re: OT: How *not* to run a marketing campaign

Alejandro Tejada
I found really interesting that this exchange was taken so far...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegriffiths/2011/12/29/from-control-to-ko-paul-christoforo-interviewed/

Could this be just another distraction from the real news?

Al

Re: OT: How *not* to run a marketing campaign

slylabs13
I wonder if his manager, or the idiot who decided to forward support emails to a guy who was not trained in that field was also terminated? There is of course, no excuse for communicating with customers of the company you work for in the manner this guy did, but something this serious should have sparked an internal investigation into how something like this was allowed to happen. Other heads should have rolled besides this guys. If he was the only person let go, then the real problem remains: The management problem.

Bob

On Dec 30, 2011, at 9:16 AM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> I found really interesting that this exchange was taken so far...
>
> http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegriffiths/2011/12/29/from-control-to-ko-paul-christoforo-interviewed/
>
> Could this be just another distraction from the real news?
>
> Al

Re: OT: How *not* to run a marketing campaign

mwieder
Alejandro-

Friday, December 30, 2011, 9:16:41 AM, you wrote:

> I found really interesting that this exchange was taken so far...

The Forbes article draws entirely the wrong conclusion: "it was
terrible luck to be the person whose Internet argument caught the eye
of a superfan." No - that's *not* the moral of this story.

There's also a video. (probably NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqV9kx40RG0&hd=1

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: OT: How *not* to run a marketing campaign

Alejandro Tejada
One thing, for sure, that this incident
makes clears is the power of a
community on the internet era...