OT: Idiot UX

dunbarx via use-livecode
https://boingboing.net/2018/01/16/bad-design-this-is-the-menu-w.html

 From the comments:

* Acronym stew
* Not alphabetized
* No clear separation between “production” and “test” messages
* Arbitrary classifications
* Arbitrary word ordering
* No distinction of event severity
* Wall of text (should have bullets or some other separator between records)

Re: OT: Idiot UX

dunbarx via use-livecode
Bad design? NO design!

> On Jan 16, 2018, at 4:23 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> https://boingboing.net/2018/01/16/bad-design-this-is-the-menu-w.html
>
> From the comments:
>
> * Acronym stew
> * Not alphabetized
> * No clear separation between “production” and “test” messages
> * Arbitrary classifications
> * Arbitrary word ordering
> * No distinction of event severity
> * Wall of text (should have bullets or some other separator between records)
>
> --
> Mark Wieder

Re: OT: Idiot UX

dunbarx via use-livecode
We should write a Livecode stack for that!

on mouseUp
   put "This will drive all Hawaiians into a state of cold stark panic. Some may commit suicide. " & \
   Others will merely be mentally scarred for life. Are you sure you want to do this??" into mmsg

   answer warning mmsg with "Oh Shit No!" or "We're All Gonna Die!!!!!"
   if it is "We're All Gonna Die!!!!!" then exit to top -- it won't matter anyway