OT: Looking for a new programming language?

OT: Looking for a new programming language?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode

"But why?
Mainly because if we make Rockstar a real (and completely pointless)
programming language, then recruiters and hiring managers won't be able
to talk about 'rockstar developers' any more."

https://boingboing.net/2018/07/25/hello-cleveland-world.html
https://github.com/dylanbeattie/rockstar

Re: OT: Looking for a new programming language?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
No! Not another name change!
I still remember Runtime Revolution

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 09:52 Mark Wieder via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> "But why?
> Mainly because if we make Rockstar a real (and completely pointless)
> programming language, then recruiters and hiring managers won't be able
> to talk about 'rockstar developers' any more."
>
> https://boingboing.net/2018/07/25/hello-cleveland-world.html
> https://github.com/dylanbeattie/rockstar
>
> --
>   Mark Wieder
>   [hidden email]

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org

Re: OT: Looking for a new programming language?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Ahaha… are you doing the LiveCode implementation?

> On 28 Jul 2018, at 2:51 am, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> "But why?
> Mainly because if we make Rockstar a real (and completely pointless) programming language, then recruiters and hiring managers won't be able to talk about 'rockstar developers' any more."
>
> https://boingboing.net/2018/07/25/hello-cleveland-world.html
> https://github.com/dylanbeattie/rockstar
>
> --
> Mark Wieder

Re: OT: Looking for a new programming language?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
And does that violate the terms of service!?