[OT] On RegExp

Walt Brown
This is a cool site. I'm not sure if it's been posted here. It's an
interactive tutorial/tester of RegExp expressions you might find useful.

http://www.regexr.com/

Walt Brown

Re: [OT] On RegExp

Richard Gaskin
Walt Brown wrote:

> This is a cool site. I'm not sure if it's been posted here. It's an
> interactive tutorial/tester of RegExp expressions you might find useful.
>
> http://www.regexr.com/

Handy site, Walt - thanks.

It's a good compliment to Rinaldi's RegEx Builder plugin included with
LiveCode.

  Fourth World
  Follow me on Twitter:  http://twitter.com/FourthWorldSys

Re: [OT] On RegExp

Alain Farmer
Hello Walt,
Thanks for the URL.
Is their regex the same as ours (livecode) ?

Thanks

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:21:06 PM, Walt Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is a cool site. I'm not sure if it's been posted here. It's an
interactive tutorial/tester of RegExp expressions you might find useful.

http://www.regexr.com/

Walt Brown

Re: [OT] On RegExp

mwieder
Alain-

> Hello Walt,
> Thanks for the URL.
> Is their regex the same as ours (livecode) ?

It uses the regex parser in the browser, do that depends on the
browser implementation and vintage.

--
-Mark Wieder
 [hidden email]

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: [OT] On RegExp

Alain Farmer
Which "browser" are you referring to ?? Where does browser come into play ??
My question is whether the site ( http://www.regexr.com/ )  uses the same regex syntax as livecode users do ?

Thanks,

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:10:43 PM, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]> wrote:

Alain-

> Hello Walt,
> Thanks for the URL.
> Is their regex the same as ours (livecode) ?

It uses the regex parser in the browser, do that depends on the
browser implementation and vintage.

--
-Mark Wieder
[hidden email]

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.

Re: [OT] On RegExp

mwieder
Walt-

Thanks. Nice site.

--
-Mark Wieder
 [hidden email]

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: [OT] On RegExp

Alejandro Tejada
mwieder wrote
It uses the regex parser in the browser, do that depends on the
browser implementation and vintage.
Client-side regex processing? :(

Normally, we expect Server-side processing
to avoid possible differences among browsers
implementations in so many platforms...

Al

Re: [OT] On RegExp

Alain Farmer
Perhaps I have not been clear.
Here is my attempt to be clearer.
Can I use the regex expressions in site http://www.regexr.com/ in a LiveCode stack on my local computer ?

Thank you,

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 11:06:40 PM, Alejandro Tejada <[hidden email]> wrote:

mwieder wrote
> It uses the regex parser in the browser, do that depends on the
> browser implementation and vintage.

Client-side regex processing? :(

Normally, we expect Server-side processing
to avoid possible differences among browsers
implementations in so many platforms...

Al

Re: [OT] On RegExp

Kay C Lan
Alain,

you may prefer this site: http://regex101.com/#pcre

LC uses the pcre regex library and the above site allows you to choose
between any and/or all of pcre, javascript and python. It is very similar
to the previously listed site in that it has a whole bunch of Community
provided solutions already available to check out, but it also has an
'Explanation' panel that is kind of neat.

If you only select REGEX FLAVOR pcre (php) and you create a
regexexpression that works, then you should have no problem cutting
and pasting
it into LC.

Of course that comes with my usual Limited Lifetime Guarantee that 60% of
the time it works every time; or 12 inches or 12 sec whichever comes first.