[OT] Stable versions of Livecode

BNig
In recent month there has been muck ado about the word "stable" in stable versions of Livecode.

I think there is a serious misunderstanding of the word "stable" here.

It is according to the Oxford Dictionary:

stable (noun)
A building set apart and adapted for keeping horses.
‘the horse was led to its stable’

Of course that can only mean that a stable version of Livecode is a metaphor indicating that Livecode is the metaphorical horse, maybe even a racehorse, at least a horse that deserves a nice and clean stable.
As every schoolboy knows no stable is free of bugs but a new stable is as close as you can get.

Some might deplore the use of a metaphor in denoting a version of Livecode but I've seen a lot worse on this list.

Just to mention a few
"skinning of cats"
"reinventing of wheels"
"building of better mousetrap"

but don't forget in metaphors it is the _relations_ that are important, not the _things_ that are related.

I hope this helps

and take it with a grain of salt

My best wishes to all the Livecode jokeys and stablemen.

Bernd

Re: [OT] Stable versions of Livecode

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
This mind bending metaphor could start a, um... Revolution!

~Roger