Quantcast

[OT] on-rev MySQL warnings - does it matter.

[OT] on-rev MySQL warnings - does it matter.

Hope this isn't too off-topic but I'm pretty ignorant about MySQL ...

on my account on on-rev (specifically, sage), if I use cPanel and go
into phpMyAdmin, I get a warning message :

Your PHP MySQL library version 5.1.73 differs from your MySQL server
version 5.6.35. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

This sounds scary - but does it really mean there's a problem I should
ask support about, or is it just being picky ? :-)

Thanks

Alex.

Re: [OT] on-rev MySQL warnings - does it matter.

Hi Alex,

It never hurts to ask.  It also helps to keep
support motivated to keep up with those
important maintenance tasks.

Just my 2 cents.

Rick

> On May 9, 2017, at 7:00 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hope this isn't too off-topic but I'm pretty ignorant about MySQL ...
>
> on my account on on-rev (specifically, sage), if I use cPanel and go into phpMyAdmin, I get a warning message :
>
> Your PHP MySQL library version 5.1.73 differs from your MySQL server version 5.6.35. This may cause unpredictable behavior.
>

> This sounds scary - but does it really mean there's a problem I should ask support about, or is it just being picky ? :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex.

RE: [OT] on-rev MySQL warnings - does it matter.

I put in a support request for this on 4/27/2017 [Ticket#2017042710049681].
I have not heard back yet. This is not like on-rev support. I wonder if they
received my support request?

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services