[OT] remote Mac rental services

niconiko
Could remote Mac rental services be used for iOS app development and
testing from a Windows machine? Has anyone here successfully tried out this
route -- perhaps, for example, through (top Google search result)
http://www.macincloud.com/ ?

Never heard of these services until they were incidentally named in a
recent thread.

For what it's worth, I did have a brief experience building at home on a
Mac mini but that was years ago. But, now, rather than having to update my
mini (I'd have to, right?), and, more importantly, to have the option of
working outside home on my Windows laptop, I'm hoping this remote option
might be a workable alternative.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
Nicolas Cueto

Re: [OT] remote Mac rental services

Peter TB Brett

On 21/06/2016 06:39, Nicolas Cueto wrote:
> Could remote Mac rental services be used for iOS app development and
> testing from a Windows machine? Has anyone here successfully tried out this
> route -- perhaps, for example, through (top Google search result)
> http://www.macincloud.com/ ?

Hi Nicolas,

The LiveCode build system, that creates the installers for LiveCode
itself, uses Mac Minis rented from MacStadium.

However, to test on devices you will need access to an appropriate
device connected directly to a Mac.

Is Amazon Device Farm an option

                                          Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <[hidden email]>
LiveCode Technical Project Manager

LiveCode 2016 Conference https://livecode.com/edinburgh-2016/

Re: [OT] remote Mac rental services

Monte Goulding-2
Hmm... You could deliver the app over the air to the devices and avoid the local Mac entirely. You still obviously need to manage provisioning profiles for the devices etc.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 21 Jun 2016, at 5:00 PM, Peter TB Brett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> However, to test on devices you will need access to an appropriate device connected directly to a Mac.

Re: [OT] remote Mac rental services

AndyP
I can't answer your question directly, but I have been using macincloud.com for testing the next version of script editor themer as I am now Macless. I was able to install multiple versions of LiveCode with no problems. You really need a fast Internet connection to get the most out of service but so far so good.
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder. http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode