Odin down ?

John Dixon
Can anyone confirm Odin is down ?...

Re: Odin down ?

Martin Koob
I just checked my site hosted on odin and it is not responding.

Also when I tried to log in with cPanel there is no response.

I sent an support request to support@on-rev.com with 'URGENT' in the subject line.  I think that is the way to get emergency support.  I usually used the web form at www.on-rev.com but that is down too.

Martin

Re: Odin down ?

Phil Davis-5
Pingdom says it has been down since 05/11/2013 06:48:09 PM  (I guess
that's GMT).

Phil

On 5/11/13 10:53 AM, John Dixon wrote:
> Can anyone confirm Odin is down ?...

Phil Davis

Re: Odin down ?

Colin Holgate-2
Everything is down until Tuesday.

On May 11, 2013, at 7:25 PM, Martin Koob <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just checked my site hosted on odin and it is not responding.
>
> Also when I tried to log in with cPanel there is no response.
>
> I sent an support request to [hidden email] with 'URGENT' in the subject
> line.  I think that is the way to get emergency support.  I usually used the
> web form at www.on-rev.com but that is down too.

Re: Odin down ?

Mike Bonner
yep kaboom

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Phil Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pingdom says it has been down since 05/11/2013 06:48:09 PM  (I guess
> that's GMT).
>
> Phil
>

> On 5/11/13 10:53 AM, John Dixon wrote:
>
>> Can anyone confirm Odin is down ?...

> Phil Davis

Re: Odin down ?

Martin Koob
In a message from Heather Laine it said that hosting services were not going to be affected during the outage.  Are the other on-rev servers down or just Odin?

Martin

Re: Odin down ?

Mike Bonner
Thor is available.

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Martin Koob <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In a message from Heather Laine it said that hosting services were not
> going
> to be affected during the outage.  Are the other on-rev servers down or
> just
> Odin?
>
> Martin

Re: Odin down ?

Mark Wilcox
Heather said the on-rev site would be down but the service should be up.

Colin Holgate <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Everything is down until Tuesday.
>

>On May 11, 2013, at 7:25 PM, Martin Koob <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I just checked my site hosted on odin and it is not responding.
>>
>> Also when I tried to log in with cPanel there is no response.
>>
>> I sent an support request to [hidden email] with 'URGENT' in the subject
>> line.  I think that is the way to get emergency support.  I usually used the
>> web form at www.on-rev.com but that is down too.

Re: Odin down ?

Jerry Jensen
Freyr is acting normally. Serving sites and mail.

On May 11, 2013, at 11:37 AM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thor is available.
>

> On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Martin Koob <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> In a message from Heather Laine it said that hosting services were not
>> going
>> to be affected during the outage.  Are the other on-rev servers down or
>> just
>> Odin?
>>
>> Martin

Re: Odin down ?

J. Landman Gay
On 5/11/13 1:35 PM, Martin Koob wrote:
> In a message from Heather Laine it said that hosting services were not going
> to be affected during the outage.  Are the other on-rev servers down or just
> Odin?

My site is on Tio and it's working. I didn't try cpanel but the site
loads in a browser.

RE: Odin down ?

John Dixon

> Subject: Re: Odin down ?
> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 19:28:08 +0100
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Everything is down until Tuesday.

Chinese whispers !

I certainly hope that 'Odin' is not down until Tuesday !...  it has been down 2 hours and right now that is two hours too long

Re: Odin down ?

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 05/11/2013 10:34 PM, John Dixon wrote:

>> Subject: Re: Odin down ?
>> From: [hidden email]
>> Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 19:28:08 +0100
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>> Everything is down until Tuesday.
> Chinese whispers !
>
> I certainly hope that 'Odin' is not down until Tuesday !...  it has been down 2 hours and right now that is two hours too long

"Just for a change" RunRev are keeping us in the dark [in fact this
pisses off quite a large
section of the installed users; something RunRev might like to take more
tent of]; and
this is a model of non-information:

"We're working on some exciting changes. Unfortunately, our website,
forums and online support services are temporarily unavailable.Normal
service will resume at 11am BST Tuesday 14th May 2013"

check it out for yourself:

http://sorry.livecode.com/index.html

There is a school of thought that says that it is a good idea to keep
one's faithful followers
informed as to what is going on . . .

So, what will be 'aff' until Tuesday, and what will only be 'aff' for a
bit of the time before then
I dinnae ken.

RE: Odin down ?

John Dixon
Whoooohoooo !... Odin is back Up...:-)  Too late to save the day, as I missed my slot to demo a liveCode iOS app to a fairly large audience... but at least it is back up !...

> Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 23:00:44 +0300
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Odin down ?
>
> On 05/11/2013 10:34 PM, John Dixon wrote:
> >
> >> Subject: Re: Odin down ?
> >> From: [hidden email]
> >> Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 19:28:08 +0100
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >>
> >> Everything is down until Tuesday.
> > Chinese whispers !
> >
> > I certainly hope that 'Odin' is not down until Tuesday !...  it has been down 2 hours and right now that is two hours too long
> >

> "Just for a change" RunRev are keeping us in the dark [in fact this
> pisses off quite a large
> section of the installed users; something RunRev might like to take more
> tent of]; and
> this is a model of non-information:
>
> "We're working on some exciting changes. Unfortunately, our website,
> forums and online support services are temporarily unavailable.Normal
> service will resume at 11am BST Tuesday 14th May 2013"
>
> check it out for yourself:
>
> http://sorry.livecode.com/index.html
>
> There is a school of thought that says that it is a good idea to keep
> one's faithful followers
> informed as to what is going on . . .
>
> So, what will be 'aff' until Tuesday, and what will only be 'aff' for a
> bit of the time before then
> I dinnae ken.
>
> Richmond.

RE: Odin down ?

Martin Koob
Yes Odin is back up.

Martin

Re: Odin down ?

Björnke von Gierke

On 11.05.2013, at 22:18, John Dixon wrote:

> Whoooohoooo !... Odin is back Up...:-)  Too late to save the day, as I missed my slot to demo a liveCode iOS app to a fairly large audience... but at least it is back up !...

By all that is holy |-[

There should be a meme picture for "RunRev Ltd destroys fantastic opportunity"

--

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers:
http://bjoernke.com/chatrev/

Re: Odin down ?

Robert Mann
I think I'm (or was on) ODIN... and my sites are running back, but...

but... I can't update anything :

-- Interarchy answers :: i 'can't get the IP of the server, so get lost!

-- On-Rev (was working yesterday saturday..) :: you can no longer use this version,
please download a new one... but :: target link not available.. yet!!

So something in the pipe !!

and meanwhile.. I just learned I could not fly to edinburgh as planned...

Re: Odin down ?

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 05/12/2013 12:05 PM, Robert Mann wrote:
> I think I'm (or was on) ODIN... and my sites are running back, but...

Tuesday. I think everybody ought to have realised by now that nothing
will be what it should be until Tuesday.

> but... I can't update anything :
>
> -- Interarchy answers :: i 'can't get the IP of the server, so get lost!
>
> -- On-Rev (was working yesterday saturday..) :: you can no longer use this
> version,
> please download a new one... but :: target link not available.. yet!!
>
> So something in the pipe !!
>
> and meanwhile.. I just learned I could not fly to edinburgh as planned...

Several things in the pipe, by the look of things.

Bad luck; hope things get sorted out for you as soon as possible.

Re: Odin down ?

Björnke von Gierke
Because the on-rev.com domain name was disabled, you'll need to change your server name to your own. You can leave all other options on, and should see a security warning (domain name mismatch), but only if you have secure connection enabled. There you then can say to always trust odin.on-rev.com when connecting to your site.

So make sure that your ftp client's settings are changed for the ftp-server:
robert.on-rev.com --> siteofrobert.com

On 12.05.2013, at 11:05, Robert Mann wrote:

> I think I'm (or was on) ODIN... and my sites are running back, but...
>
> but... I can't update anything :
>
> -- Interarchy answers :: i 'can't get the IP of the server, so get lost!
>
> -- On-Rev (was working yesterday saturday..) :: you can no longer use this
> version,
> please download a new one... but :: target link not available.. yet!!
>
> So something in the pipe !!
>
> and meanwhile.. I just learned I could not fly to edinburgh as planned...

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers:
http://bjoernke.com/chatrev/

Re: Odin down ?

Ralf Bitter-2

According to Pingdom the last outage was
on May 18 with a downtime of about 14 hours.

Ralf

On 27.05.2013, at 11:23, Robert Mann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Again! monday 27th... trouble to get via Interachy
> cannot identify my on-rev server on odin, no ip found.
> It did work all right last week ! is it me or?

RE: Odin down ?

John Dixon
Robert...

I had problems with ODIN for a while, it was up and down like a Yo-yo... t it has been fine for me for about ten days now... no problems...