Old Stacks Acting Strange

Dan Friedman
I have a stack (actually thousands of them) that were created in LiveCode (then RevEnterprise) 4.0.0.  They are used in several apps we have including an iPad app.  Do to the issues with LC and iOS 8, I need to make an update to the iPad app with LC 6.6.4.  I opened my project this morning in 6.6.4, and the old stacks are displaying really messed up!  Some controls show, others don't.  If you select a control it sometimes then appears on the screen.  Weird!  It's messing everything up!  Oddly enough, it appears correctly in the iPad Simulator (Simulator Version 8.0)?  Go figure?

I went back to version 4.0.0, and the stack opens perfectly.  It opened correctly in LC 6.1.3, but failed in LC 6.5.1 and later.  Anyone know what changed?  And, more importantly, is there a way to resurrect these older stacks in 6.6.4?

ANY Advise is welcome!

-Dan

Re: Old Stacks Acting Strange

Vaughn Clement
Good Morning

Over the last 6 years I have added about 40 apps to iTunes and reduced this
down to the current 21. All was working correctly until IOS 8 was released.
It appears that all 21 apps may now be broken! When the app opens it
immediately shuts down. So far 2 apps were reported with this behavior, but
I think it might affect all my apps. I researching to see if there are
other developers seeing this same issue.

Your comments today point to an issue that may be of concern to all
developers where older apps may not continue to function. I am going to
search the developer forum for Apple to see if this is a bug or change in
the IOS 8 where apps will display issues.

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
On Target Solutions LLC Website: http://www.ontargetsolutions.biz
Email: [hidden email]
Skype: vaughn.clement

FaceTime: [hidden email]
Ph. 928-254-9062

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Dan Friedman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I have a stack (actually thousands of them) that were created in LiveCode
> (then RevEnterprise) 4.0.0.  They are used in several apps we have
> including an iPad app.  Do to the issues with LC and iOS 8, I need to make
> an update to the iPad app with LC 6.6.4.  I opened my project this morning
> in 6.6.4, and the old stacks are displaying really messed up!  Some
> controls show, others don't.  If you select a control it sometimes then
> appears on the screen.  Weird!  It's messing everything up!  Oddly enough,
> it appears correctly in the iPad Simulator (Simulator Version 8.0)?  Go
> figure?
>
> I went back to version 4.0.0, and the stack opens perfectly.  It opened
> correctly in LC 6.1.3, but failed in LC 6.5.1 and later.  Anyone know what
> changed?  And, more importantly, is there a way to resurrect these older
> stacks in 6.6.4?
>
> ANY Advise is welcome!
>
> -Dan

Re: Old Stacks Acting Strange

Vaughn Clement
Update on IOS 8 issues

(Update Oct 14, 2014) I have found that IOS 8 is experiencing issues like
the one that I am describing. Other developers are commenting in the
developers forum that the IOS 8 apps are crashing. This should be a bug
that will come to Apples attention shortly from the developers bug reports.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Vaughn Clement <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good Morning
>
> Over the last 6 years I have added about 40 apps to iTunes and reduced
> this down to the current 21. All was working correctly until IOS 8 was
> released. It appears that all 21 apps may now be broken! When the app opens
> it immediately shuts down. So far 2 apps were reported with this behavior,
> but I think it might affect all my apps. I researching to see if there are
> other developers seeing this same issue.
>
> Your comments today point to an issue that may be of concern to all
> developers where older apps may not continue to function. I am going to
> search the developer forum for Apple to see if this is a bug or change in
> the IOS 8 where apps will display issues.
>
> Thank you
>
> Vaughn Clement
>
> Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
> *http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
> <http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
> On Target Solutions LLC Website: http://www.ontargetsolutions.biz
> Email: [hidden email]
> Skype: vaughn.clement
>
> FaceTime: [hidden email]
> Ph. 928-254-9062
>

> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Dan Friedman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I have a stack (actually thousands of them) that were created in LiveCode
>> (then RevEnterprise) 4.0.0.  They are used in several apps we have
>> including an iPad app.  Do to the issues with LC and iOS 8, I need to make
>> an update to the iPad app with LC 6.6.4.  I opened my project this morning
>> in 6.6.4, and the old stacks are displaying really messed up!  Some
>> controls show, others don't.  If you select a control it sometimes then
>> appears on the screen.  Weird!  It's messing everything up!  Oddly enough,
>> it appears correctly in the iPad Simulator (Simulator Version 8.0)?  Go
>> figure?
>>
>> I went back to version 4.0.0, and the stack opens perfectly.  It opened
>> correctly in LC 6.1.3, but failed in LC 6.5.1 and later.  Anyone know what
>> changed?  And, more importantly, is there a way to resurrect these older
>> stacks in 6.6.4?
>>
>> ANY Advise is welcome!
>>
>> -Dan

Re: Old Stacks Acting Strange

Dan Friedman
Vaughn,

Thanks for the reply, but this isn't what I'm talking about.   The issues I'm having with stacks made in LC 4.0 are happening in the desktop version of LC 6.5.1 (and later), not on a iOS device.

Has anyone had a similar issue with older stacks?  If so, did you resolve it?

-Dan