Open stack "MyStack" Not working

dunbarx via use-livecode
All of a sudden, today,

open stack “myStack”

Does not work. I results in this error:

Message execution error:

Error description: Handler: error in statement

Hint: message

So far, I’ve tried restarting my Mac (OS 10.13.2) a number of times and I’ve tried ditching the prefs, all to no avail. I get the same result on LC 7.1.3, 8.1.7 and 8.1.8.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Roger

Re: Open stack "MyStack" Not working

dunbarx via use-livecode
What is the line before your "open stack" line?
Is there any chance that the stack "myStack" has accidently had it's
name changed: " myStack", "myStack ", " myStack " or "my Stack" - note
the spaces
What happens when you enter the command into the Message Box, does
that open the Stack? If not, can you use the command to open some
other Stack? If so, does "myStack" really still exist?

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 4:56 AM, Roger Guay via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> All of a sudden, today,
>
> open stack “myStack”
>
> Does not work. I results in this error:
>
> Message execution error:
>
> Error description: Handler: error in statement
>
> Hint: message
>

> So far, I’ve tried restarting my Mac (OS 10.13.2) a number of times and I’ve tried ditching the prefs, all to no avail. I get the same result on LC 7.1.3, 8.1.7 and 8.1.8.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Roger

Re: Open stack "MyStack" Not working

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Kay C,

Thanks for your help . . . this is really perplexing, but I think I may have fixed it. Trouble is, I’m not sure how.

The first thing I did was clean out my LC prefs
Then I deleted and reloaded LC 8.1.8

These two did not seem to fix the problem of not being able to open a stack by script, either in the Message Box or in an OpenStack script. So…

I chose to "Save As...” all the stacks that would not open by script with the same title and that seems to do it.

Keeping my fingers crossed and my confusion at bay . . . at least for now

Thanks very much for keeping me company.

Roger