Out of the office

Well imagine my surprise to see three (and now four) user list digests waiting for me this morning.

Going through them and enjoying Mark Waddingham's answer to questions as well as to himself I find myself torn between wanting Kevin to send him out of the office more often (and thus allow him to grace the lists like today) or get him back there ASAP to continue with the work (infinite LC, HTML etc.)

Nothing is easy, is it?

James

Re: Out of the office

On 2017-07-29 09:11, james--- via use-livecode wrote:
> Well imagine my surprise to see three (and now four) user list digests
> waiting for me this morning.

Hopefully that wasn't entirely down to me - although I did send 30+
emails to the use-list yesterday...

> Going through them and enjoying Mark Waddingham's answer to questions
> as well as to himself I find myself torn between wanting Kevin to send
> him out of the office more often (and thus allow him to grace the
> lists like today) or get him back there ASAP to continue with the work
> (infinite LC, HTML etc.)

Well it has been a most productive trip - I have spoken (and given
demos) to probably around 100 people; posted far more messages on the
use-list than usual; just about kept track of what's been going on back
home (Slack and its bot integrations are great for making you feel in
touch!); *and* think I've almost solved two problems which have been
irking me for a very long time... The 'wait' problem and the 'partial
script compilation' problem (when I say solve here, I mean concretely in
the context of our source-base - which is always an entirely different
kettle of fish from solving such things abstractly).

Moreover, thus far I seem to have completely escaped jet-lag - although
I'm probably setting myself up for a fall in saying that... I'm
currently flying what is generally considered to be the worst way -
east...

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps