PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

william humphrey-2
Is anyone writing a stack for doing podcasting?  Presently it takes a
combination of six programs to make and edit podcasts on OSX.

Audacity to edit
Garage band to record
Itunes to convert and save as MP3
SoundFlower to redirect everything for mixing mike, music etc.
Ichat for incorporating interviews (using Jabber or AIM)
SoundBed so you can monitor everything in your headphones.

And then you have to do shenanigans to get the RS 2.0 feed up.

-- It looks like an "all in one" program for making PodCasts would be a
viable project.

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)
          )___))___))___)\
         )____)____)_____)\\
       _____|____|____|____\\\__
-------\                   /--------- http://www.bluewatermaritime.com
 ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  ^^^^      ^^^^     ^^^    ^^
       ^^^^      ^^^

24 hour cell: (787) 378-6190
fax: (787) 809-8426

Blue Water Maritime
P.O. Box 91
Puerto Real, PR 00740

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

Derek Bump
Bill wrote:
> -- It looks like an "all in one" program for making PodCasts would be a
> viable project.

:) First rule of developing software is you don't tell everyone about
your ideas unless your 100% sure you can't do it yourself.

It's a great idea.  Personally I've never understood Podcasting.  IMHO
it sounds to me like nothing more than an MP3 copied to an iPod.  To do
this I would say look into the following...

Can you record a MP3 with QuickTime utilizing the EnhancedQT External.
If not, can you convert an AIFF or WAV file to MP3 or Apple Lossless
utilizing the EnhancedQT External.  If you can do that, you've solved
90% of the problem.  The rest, as you said, would be the RSS feed.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

Dan Shafer
I believe Andre Garzia is working on such a project. I seem to recall
him showing some of it at RevCon West in Monterey last month. He's
been invisible here lately. Probably caught another of those famous
Brazilian bugs.

On Jul 9, 2005, at 7:44 AM, Bill wrote:

> Is anyone writing a stack for doing podcasting?  Presently it takes a
> combination of six programs to make and edit podcasts on OSX.

Dan Shafer, Revolution Consultant and Author
http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermedia.com/revolutionbooks.html

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

Andre Garzia

On Jul 9, 2005, at 11:44 AM, Bill wrote:

> Is anyone writing a stack for doing podcasting?  Presently it takes a
> combination of six programs to make and edit podcasts on OSX.
>
> Audacity to edit
> Garage band to record
> Itunes to convert and save as MP3
> SoundFlower to redirect everything for mixing mike, music etc.
> Ichat for incorporating interviews (using Jabber or AIM)
> SoundBed so you can monitor everything in your headphones.
>
> And then you have to do shenanigans to get the RS 2.0 feed up.
>
> -- It looks like an "all in one" program for making PodCasts would
> be a
> viable project.

Bill,

I distributed in RevConwest a little stack that could generate
podcast feeds based on droped mp3 files... it's not a all in one
solution but it works.

Andre

>             |    |    |
>            )_)  )_)  )_)
>           )___))___))___)\
>          )____)____)_____)\\
>        _____|____|____|____\\\__
> -------\                   /--------- http://www.bluewatermaritime.com
>  ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   ^^^^      ^^^^     ^^^    ^^
>        ^^^^      ^^^
>
> 24 hour cell: (787) 378-6190
> fax: (787) 809-8426
>
> Blue Water Maritime
> P.O. Box 91
> Puerto Real, PR 00740

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

Marian Petrides, MD
Andre

Is this available to folks who did not attend RevConWest?  I don't
see in in your userspace in RevOnline, nor do I see a link to it from
the Soap Dog homepage.

Marian
On Jul 9, 2005, at 5:09 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> I distributed in RevConwest a little stack that could generate
> podcast feeds based on droped mp3 files... it's not a all in one
> solution but it works.
>
> Andre

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

Andre Garzia

On Jul 9, 2005, at 7:17 PM, Marian Petrides wrote:

> Andre
>
> Is this available to folks who did not attend RevConWest?  I don't
> see in in your userspace in RevOnline, nor do I see a link to it
> from the Soap Dog homepage.

It will be today... it is not at this moment, but I shall pack it and
release, I am a bit overhelmed with my end of semester exams in the
university, but I'll manage everything by not sleeping.

Andre

> Marian
> On Jul 9, 2005, at 5:09 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
>

>> I distributed in RevConwest a little stack that could generate
>> podcast feeds based on droped mp3 files... it's not a all in one
>> solution but it works.
>>
>> Andre

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

Marian Petrides, MD
Andre
No big hurry.  Concentrate on your exams... we can wait. And thanks.

Marian

On Jul 9, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

>> Is this available to folks who did not attend RevConWest?  I don't
>> see in in your userspace in RevOnline, nor do I see a link to it
>> from the Soap Dog homepage.
>>

> It will be today... it is not at this moment, but I shall pack it
> and release, I am a bit overhelmed with my end of semester exams in
> the university, but I'll manage everything by not sleeping.
>
> Andre

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

mwieder
Andre-

You *are* still alive... have you gotten any of the email messages
I've sent you over the last, say, six months?

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

Andre Garzia

On Jul 9, 2005, at 8:19 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Andre-
>
> You *are* still alive... have you gotten any of the email messages
> I've sent you over the last, say, six months?

Hey Mark!!! Good to see you!!!

I got two emails from you during the last weeks! I am answering them,
it's mailbox hell for now...

andre

> --
> -Mark Wieder
>  [hidden email]

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

mwieder
Andre-

Saturday, July 9, 2005, 4:22:19 PM, you wrote:

AG> I got two emails from you during the last weeks! I am answering them,
AG> it's mailbox hell for now...

Silly me... I thought it was finals hell. Never mind - you can always
sleep when winter comes.

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

Stephen Barncard
I would say it would be more like 60% - the AUDIO EDIT portion would
be a big hurdle. Graphic waveform editing would be required, and
that's not trivial. Or are we talking scripting other apps and gluing
together?

>Can you record a MP3 with QuickTime utilizing the EnhancedQT
>External. If not, can you convert an AIFF or WAV file to MP3 or
>Apple Lossless utilizing the EnhancedQT External.  If you can do
>that, you've solved 90% of the problem.  The rest, as you said,
>would be the RSS feed.
>
>Derek Bump

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

Stephen Barncard
You might look at Audio Hijack Pro - it already does a lot of this -
if you are using a Mac.

>On Jul 9, 2005, at 7:44 AM, Bill wrote:
>
>>Is anyone writing a stack for doing podcasting?  Presently it takes a
>>combination of six programs to make and edit podcasts on OSX.

Re: PODCASTING WITH RUNREV

william humphrey-2
I will try audio hijack pro next as the cludge I'm using including the crash
everything "Audacity" is pretty bad. I can't wait to try Andre's stack.