POST does not work under lock messages

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
It took me a while to figure this one out. I have a number of scripts which POST to LiveCode Server .lc scripts. All were working fine except one which always returned the output from whatever POST had last been executed. Evidently the previous form request was being resubmitted. Turns out I had a lock messages command before calling POST.

Seems to me that shouldna oughta happen —either it’s a bug, or it should be documented

(I think there is a documented warning about DataGrids needing Lock messages off? And wasn’t there a discussion a while back about Lock messages needing levels? The current documentation for Lock messages says it blocks “setProp triggers, getProp and certain other messages” where “certain”  is left undefined.)

Neville

Re: POST does not work under lock messages

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
The docs don’t list all messages but do say that navigation and object creation messages are not sent.  It gives a couple examples of each.  This is in addition to get/set prop.

Sent from my iPhone