Password Protected Stack

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Hi All,

I have a problem I’ve not seen before. I’m working on an update to an iOS app first made years ago and last updated in 2017.

When I save it as a standalone … things go well in that a standalone is made (and seems to work fine on my iPad), but at the end of the build process, I get a warning: Could not auto-detect inclusions or security categories because stack is password protected

The catch is, I’ve never intentionally set a password on any of my work with LC.
• I’ve checked all the settings and can’t find a place even set a password.
• As noted in the dictionary, I’ve used the message box and entered …. set the password of this stack to empty … but the problem still persists.

The other apps I’ve been updating over the past several weeks have worked just fine with my current set up:
LC 9.0.1    Xcode 9.2    Mac Sierra 10.12.6

I assume I’m missing something obvious, but it escapes me. Any thoughts?

be well,
randy
www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com

Re: Password Protected Stack

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Do you have any private libraries or substacks that might be password
protected?
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]
On October 13, 2018 10:56:01 AM Randy Hengst via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem I’ve not seen before. I’m working on an update to an iOS
> app first made years ago and last updated in 2017.
>
> When I save it as a standalone … things go well in that a standalone is
> made (and seems to work fine on my iPad), but at the end of the build
> process, I get a warning: Could not auto-detect inclusions or security
> categories because stack is password protected
>
> The catch is, I’ve never intentionally set a password on any of my work
> with LC.
> • I’ve checked all the settings and can’t find a place even set a password.
> • As noted in the dictionary, I’ve used the message box and entered …. set
> the password of this stack to empty … but the problem still persists.
>
> The other apps I’ve been updating over the past several weeks have worked
> just fine with my current set up:
> LC 9.0.1    Xcode 9.2    Mac Sierra 10.12.6
>
> I assume I’m missing something obvious, but it escapes me. Any thoughts?
>
> be well,
> randy
> www.classroomFocusedSoftware.com

Re: Password Protected Stack

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Thank you Jacque. I used the Project Browser for the first time… yes, really… and found a library stack from one of Scott Rossi’s add-ons that I no longer was using.  It is an old stack…

I didn’t have problems building with LC 7.x or 8.x even with that add-on. So, something in the build process must have changed in 9.x.

Anyway, the library stack is removed and all is well with the build.