Placing a group on topleft of open stack

Placing a group on topleft of open stack

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi All,

In a recent forum thread:
there is a stack that lists all livecode stacks within a folder.
The user just have to click the stack's name to open.

Now, I am trying to add a group on topleft of every open stack
(A group with 4 buttons to select one of 4 fullscreen modes)
but could not find a way to do this on Android.

How could you place a group on a new stack on Android?

Thanks in advance!

Al

Scroll Bars in scrolling groups

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
OK I'm stumped. I have a scrolling group consisting 20 other groups each
with 2 fields and a button. I place these sub groups and the controls in
them in the parent group from top to bottom. The sub groups go off the
bottom of the parent group as expected. Everything looks perfect and can set
the vscroll via script and see the sub groups that are out of view as
expected. BUT.. when I show the vscroll bar(even with messages disabled),
all the sub groups move up and to the left. The top sub group hugs top of
the parent group and all the sub groups hug the parent group on the left.
Why? If I place the subgroups while the vscroll bar is visible then the top
groups move up to the left and the remaining one stay where I put them. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Win 10 LC 8.1.3/8.1.4rc1

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services

Re: Scroll Bars in scrolling groups

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Is it possible that some of these controls have geometry properties set?

Bob S

> On May 2, 2017, at 14:16 , Ralph DiMola via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OK I'm stumped. I have a scrolling group consisting 20 other groups each
> with 2 fields and a button. I place these sub groups and the controls in
> them in the parent group from top to bottom. The sub groups go off the
> bottom of the parent group as expected. Everything looks perfect and can set
> the vscroll via script and see the sub groups that are out of view as
> expected. BUT.. when I show the vscroll bar(even with messages disabled),
> all the sub groups move up and to the left. The top sub group hugs top of
> the parent group and all the sub groups hug the parent group on the left.
> Why? If I place the subgroups while the vscroll bar is visible then the top
> groups move up to the left and the remaining one stay where I put them. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Win 10 LC 8.1.3/8.1.4rc1
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services

RE: Scroll Bars in scrolling groups

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Thanks Bob,

I didn't set any geometry properties. I thought that unless you explicitly
call "revUpdateGeometry" these properties have no effect. The thing that has
me stumped is that even with messages off showing vertical scroll bar either
by the message box or property inspector makes things move.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK I'm stumped. I have a scrolling group consisting 20 other groups
> each with 2 fields and a button. I place these sub groups and the
> controls in them in the parent group from top to bottom. The sub
> groups go off the bottom of the parent group as expected. Everything
> looks perfect and can set the vscroll via script and see the sub
> groups that are out of view as expected. BUT.. when I show the vscroll
> bar(even with messages disabled), all the sub groups move up and to
> the left. The top sub group hugs top of the parent group and all the sub
groups hug the parent group on the left.

> Why? If I place the subgroups while the vscroll bar is visible then
> the top groups move up to the left and the remaining one stay where I
> put them. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Win 10 LC 8.1.3/8.1.4rc1
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services

Re: Scroll Bars in scrolling groups

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I have run into an issue with groups on windows where the parent group rect
wasn't quite right, and all sorts of fun ensued. but no scroll involved.

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Bob,
>
> I didn't set any geometry properties. I thought that unless you explicitly
> call "revUpdateGeometry" these properties have no effect. The thing that
> has
> me stumped is that even with messages off showing vertical scroll bar
> either
> by the message box or property inspector makes things move.
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services
> [hidden email]