Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

Andre Garzia-3
Hi Folks,

I am trying to sense the market for a set of Social Network Libraries for
LiveCode. For those that were not at the RunRevLive.11 conference, I
demonstrated some libraries working with Facebook and Twitter integration.
For those with Twitter and/or Facebook accounts, I invite you to take a peek
at the following pages:

http://andregarzia.com/runrevlive/multiposter/
http://andregarzia.com/runrevlive/simple/facebook.irev
http://andregarzia.com/runrevlive/twitter2facebook/

Now, I am trying to measure how much time and effort I should invest in
providing those libraries. So if you're interested or even if you are not
please, go the URL below and answer my survey there:

http://fon.nu/MAK68EA

If you are an active member on the RunRev forums, please repost this email
there and if you know someone that might want social network libraries for
LiveCode, please send them to the http://fon.nu/MAK68EA home page.

Your answer will really help me. Please answer the survey and I will give
you some freebie thing (if you fill your email in the form), yes, great
idea, I will give some freebie plugins for LiveCode for people who answer
(and fill the email). Now, you have two good reasons to fill the survey.

Oh... and the http://fon.nu url shortening service was created in two hours
during the conference. I started working on it at 4:00 AM, finished in 6:00
AM and presented it at 9:00 AM. fon.nu source code will be released shortly.

Cheers
andre

--
http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

Fwd: Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

Stephen Barncard-4
FORWARDED TO THE USE LIST per Andre

Re: Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

David Campbell
FYI - this facebook plugin posts to your facebook page.

I found this posted within seconds:
@soapdog “I don’t care if it works on your machine! We are not shipping your machine!” (Vidiu Platon)

Cheers

Dave Campbell
Associate Director

Please note VAT is now charged at 20%

On 6 May 2011, at 06:35, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am trying to sense the market for a set of Social Network Libraries for
> LiveCode. For those that were not at the RunRevLive.11 conference, I
> demonstrated some libraries working with Facebook and Twitter integration.
> For those with Twitter and/or Facebook accounts, I invite you to take a peek
> at the following pages:
>
> http://andregarzia.com/runrevlive/multiposter/
> http://andregarzia.com/runrevlive/simple/facebook.irev
> http://andregarzia.com/runrevlive/twitter2facebook/
>
> Now, I am trying to measure how much time and effort I should invest in
> providing those libraries. So if you're interested or even if you are not
> please, go the URL below and answer my survey there:
>
> http://fon.nu/MAK68EA
>
> If you are an active member on the RunRev forums, please repost this email
> there and if you know someone that might want social network libraries for
> LiveCode, please send them to the http://fon.nu/MAK68EA home page.
>
> Your answer will really help me. Please answer the survey and I will give
> you some freebie thing (if you fill your email in the form), yes, great
> idea, I will give some freebie plugins for LiveCode for people who answer
> (and fill the email). Now, you have two good reasons to fill the survey.
>
> Oh... and the http://fon.nu url shortening service was created in two hours
> during the conference. I started working on it at 4:00 AM, finished in 6:00
> AM and presented it at 9:00 AM. fon.nu source code will be released shortly.
>
> Cheers
> andre
>
> --
> http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

Re: Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

Roger Eller
On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am trying to sense the market for a set of Social Network Libraries for
> LiveCode.

> please, go the URL below and answer my survey there:
>
> http://fon.nu/MAK68EA

> Your answer will really help me. Please answer the survey and....
>
> Cheers
> andre

Hi Andre,

I started to take your survey until I got to the platform choices.  If
Android were among the choices, I would be interested, and am willing
to help with testing for Android.  I am a huge fan of your work, and
enjoyed meeting you in San Jose.

~Roger

Re: Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

Andre Garzia-3
Roger,

I want android as well but it will only be possible when some sort of
revBrowser or WebView is possible on LiveCode under Android. Right now there
is no support for revBrowser or similar under Linux or Android, that is why
both platforms are missing. Once this is implemented, then I will port
everything to these architectures because I am both a linux and android user
but right now I can't include them in the survey because it is impossible to
implement the libraries in them due to the lack of browser functionality.

cheers
Andre

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Roger,
>
> I want android as well but it will only be possible when some sort of
> revBrowser or WebView is possible on LiveCode under Android. Right now there
> is no support for revBrowser or similar under Linux or Android, that is why
> both platforms are missing. Once this is implemented, then I will port
> everything to these architectures because I am both a linux and android user
> but right now I can't include them in the survey because it is impossible to
> implement the libraries in them due to the lack of browser functionality.
>
> cheers
> Andre

So we are waiting for feature alignment of iOS to Android/Linux from
RunRev.  Have you tried anything with Tim Bobo's WebKit Field on
Android?  Maybe there are possibilities available there.

~Roger

Re: Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

Jeffrey Massung
With regard to this library, I'd be very interested, but I'd be mostly
interested in it as a method of authentication for other applications and
not for Tweeting, wall posting, etc. Is that something you are planning on
supporting or not really?

Jeff M.

Re: Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

Andre Garzia-3
Roger,

we can't use webkit field on android because there is no access to any
webkit related api from LC... until the mothership provides us with a
browser view, and this should come soon because it is basic under android,
then, I will port the libs.

cheers
Andre

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Roger Eller <[hidden email]>wrote:

> > > Hi Andre,
> > >
> > > I started to take your survey until I got to the platform choices.  If
> > > Android were among the choices, I would be interested, and am willing
> > > to help with testing for Android.  I am a huge fan of your work, and
> > > enjoyed meeting you in San Jose.
> > >
> > > ~Roger
>
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
> >
> > Roger,
> >
> > I want android as well but it will only be possible when some sort of
> > revBrowser or WebView is possible on LiveCode under Android. Right now
> there
> > is no support for revBrowser or similar under Linux or Android, that is
> why
> > both platforms are missing. Once this is implemented, then I will port
> > everything to these architectures because I am both a linux and android
> user
> > but right now I can't include them in the survey because it is impossible
> > implement the libraries in them due to the lack of browser functionality.
> >
> > cheers
> > Andre
>
> So we are waiting for feature alignment of iOS to Android/Linux from
> RunRev.  Have you tried anything with Tim Bobo's WebKit Field on
> Android?  Maybe there are possibilities available there.
>
> ~Roger

http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

Re: Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

Andre Garzia-3
Jeff,

What kinds of authentication you want? I have OAuth2 and half of OAuth 1 but
it seems that different services make different assumptions about OAuth 1.
Anyway, the libs will be open source, so you can use the OAuth libs or take
pieces from the other libs.

Andre

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
> Roger,
>
> we can't use webkit field on android because there is no access to any
> webkit related api from LC... until the mothership provides us with a
> browser view, and this should come soon because it is basic under android,
> then, I will port the libs.
>
> cheers
> Andre

Awesome.  I will 'try' to wait patiently.  :-)

~Roger

Re: Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

Andre Garzia-3
Folks,

Don't forget to answer the survey at http://fon.nu/MAK68EA

<http://fon.nu/MAK68EA>:-D

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Roger Eller <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
> > Roger,
> >
> > we can't use webkit field on android because there is no access to any
> > webkit related api from LC... until the mothership provides us with a
> > browser view, and this should come soon because it is basic under
> android,
> > then, I will port the libs.
> >
> > cheers
> > Andre
>
> Awesome.  I will 'try' to wait patiently.  :-)
>
> ~Roger

http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

Re: Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

Andre Garzia-3
Folks,

About almost wrapping this up so if you haven't answered the survey or if
you just remembered that someone might be interested in it, please, take
your time to go to http://fon.nu/MAK68EA and check it out.

Many people have answered it and I thanks everyone that did. Those that
allowed followups will receive a nice little toy plugin for the IDE as a
reward for their time.

It is the first time that I created surveys to evaluate marketing potential
of a product, it is also the first time that I am about to release a dual
licensed library set so this kind of stats are important.

Thanks again for all the help during this period!

Cheers
andre

Re: Please answer my survey on Social Network Libraries for LiveCode

Alejandro Tejada
Survey Completed :-)